Wake Up Call

Hugo blinked open his eyes and yawned. He stretched out lazily in bed taking his time in getting up. While he did he looked over at Varian who was still fast asleep. The shorter alchemist was a notoriously deep sleeper. Hugo smiled fondly and wiped away a bit of drool that was running out of the corner of his boyfriend's mouth with his thumb before gently kissing his forehead.

"Varian, love, time to wake up." A whine was the only response Hugo got. He couldn't help but chuckle. Once Varian was asleep it wasn't easy to wake him up. Luckily, Hugo had a few ways of waking the stubborn male up. Leaning close to Varian's ear he blew a stream of air in it. This time Varian did respond with a bit more gusto. Specifically grabbing his pillow and shoving it on top of his head, making sure his ears were covered. Apparently this was going to be harder than Hugo thought. That was just fine. He had plenty of wake up calls to use. Grabbing the edge of the blankets, Hugo pulled them off Varian, making the ravenette shiver at the loss of warmth.

"Come on, Varian. Wake up."

"Go 'way Hugo." Came the sleepy mumble.

"I will when you wake up, lazybones." Varian didn't respond that time. Hugo sat back and pondered ways to get him up. There was one more technique he could try. It was risky and he could get in trouble, but it just might work. Did Hugo really want to risk his prime spot in bed to wake up Varian? Looking at the sleeping boy, Hugo decided that, yes he did. Once he got started with a task he didn't stop until he finished.

"Varian, last time I'll ask nicely. Will you wake up?"

"No. Shut up."

"Varian, I'm warning you, get up now, or I'll make you." When Varian didn't even stir at the threat, Hugo sighed.

"Okay, fine. You've forced my hand." With that said, Hugo reached over and tweaked Varian's side. Varian let out a squeak of surprise and flinched violently, cracking open one eye to glare at Hugo.

"Hugo, don't even- Gah! Stahp!" Hugo grinned and started pinching up and down Varian's sides moving from his hips to his armpits and back down again, tickling him.

"I warned you, Stripes." Varian couldn't get a response out if he tried. He was laughing too hard.

"Gehet- eek- get off you dihick!" He finally giggled out, letting out a squeal when Hugo slipped his long fingers underneath his pajama shirt and started tickling his bare stomach and sides.

"You gonna get up?" Varian simply shook his head as cackles and shrieks erupted from his mouth.

Hugo sighed again.

"I thought you might say that." That was the last thing Varian heard before all hell broke loose when Hugo started blowing raspberries on his neck while continuing to poke and prod at his torso. He pounded at the mattress with his fist while he slowly descended into hysterics.

"Ok-okhahay fine! I'm up! I'm up! Stahap! I can't- hah- Can't take it anymore!" Varian tried to push himself up onto all fours to crawl away before collapsing down again in a giggling heap. Hugo smiled and retracted his hands and ceased his attack.

"Finally! I was about to go for the feet." Varian squeaked and yanked his feet back.

"Don't you dare!" Hugo just laughed and stood up.

"Come on, I'll make you coffee." Varian stuck his tongue out at Hugo.

"You better make it strong. I almost died."

"You did not." Varian huffed and stood up.

"Don't think I'm forgetting about this, Hugo." He said, aiming a poke at Hugo's stomach making the blonde yelp and flinch back. Varian flashed him a smirk before going downstairs. Hugo decided to be on his guard and rarely use that kind of wake up call on Varian.