Love With Pride

"Babe, are you almost done in there? You've been getting ready for the past 20 minutes and if you don't hurry up we'll be late!" Varian said whilst pounding on the bathroom door where his boyfriend was getting ready for their first pride parade as a couple. Rapunzel had announced that one day in the first month  of summer their kingdom would have a celebration of LGBTQIA+ pride and to say Hugo was excited was an understatement. Varian was excited too, but he didn't need 20 minutes in the bathroom.
"You can't rush art, sweetcheeks. I'm almost done." Varian bit back a groan.
"Well, you better hurry up. I need to pee!" After approximately 5 more minutes Hugo reappeared from the bathroom with a grin.
"Well, what do you think, Goggles? Do I look gay enough?" Varian looked up and snorted violently at his boyfriend's attire. Hugo had decided the flashier the better in a rainbow jumpsuit, studded with gemstones. Around his neck a rainbow feather boa rested somehow both clashing and matching the sparkles and rainbow makeup on his face. And to make the get up even more flamboyant Hugo walked in six inch rainbow heels. Compared to Varian's normal attire of work clothes, including gloves and goggles, it was almost too much.
"Hugo, you look like a unicorn threw up on you. So yes, plenty gay, my love." Hugo beamed and did a little twirl, clearly very happy with his outlandish costume.
"Thanks Varian. I think I look good too. What are you wearing? You should probably go get ready." Varian blinked at Hugo in confusion.
"I was just going to wear what I had on currently. You've got enough for the both of us." Hugo let out a gasp like Varian had just murdered a kitten or something.
"Unacceptable! You need at least something pride themed."
"No, Hugo. I'm wearing this, end of story."
"Rainbow jacket?"
"No."
"Earrings?"
"I don't even have pierced ears."
"Come on! Just let me do something small! Please, please, please, please!" Varian let out a sigh as Hugo flung his arms around him with his best pleading puppy eyes. He wasn't going to win this argument.
"Fine. I will let you paint a bisexual flag on my face, but that is it!" Hugo let out a delighted squeal and pressed a wet kiss to Varians cheek.
"Yes! Don't worry! I will not let you down!" Varian couldn't help giggling as Hugo dragged him to the bathroom. Darn his boyfriend for being so cute when he wanted something.
"Remember Hugo. Small bi flag. Nothing more than that." Varian reminded his lover, not completely sure if he had heard.
"Yep, totally. Now sit down and hold still." Hugo said gently shoving Varian onto a chair and got to work. Ten minutes later, Varian was sporting two small bisexual flags on his cheeks. He had to admit, Hugo had done a pretty good job. Still, Hugo's outfit was much more flamboyant than his, but neither of them minded.
"You ready to go, Hugh?" Varian asked. Hugo smiled at him.
"Not quite."
"Hugo, I swear to Demanitus if you try to pierce my ears again-" Varian didn't get to finish his thought as Hugo kissed him sweetly and gently, cupping his face gently being careful not to smudge the flags he'd painted.
"Now, I'm ready to go." Varian stood for a few seconds trying to control his blush. Hugo always managed to find new ways to fluster him.
"Yeah, okay let's go." The shorter alchemist said once he remembered how to speak. Hugo laughed and held his hand.
"Hey Varian?"
"Mhm?"
"Happy Pride Month." Varian giggled and intertwined his fingers with Hugo's.
"Happy Pride Month, Hugo."