Freckles

"Hugoooo! I'm working!" Varian whined as his boyfriend, Hugo suddenly cupped his face and intensely stared at him.
"So am I." The taller male simply responded as he gazed at his lover's face. Varian groaned and rolled his eyes.
"What are you even doing?" The alchemist asked through slightly squished cheeks.
"Counting your freckles," Hugo said, poking one of Varian's many freckles for emphasis, grinning at the dusting of pink that bloomed beneath them.
"You'll never count them all, there's way too many." Varian replied, attempting to turn back to desk. "Now let me work on my calculations, love." He added.
Hugo continued to hold his face and he sighed. "I just love them so much. There everywhere. I only thought you had a few but up close there's so many more. Like a galaxy." The bespectacled ex-thief said adoringly.
Even though he was getting slightly irritated, Varian couldn't help smiling. Hugo acted all tough and cocky, but he was really a big softy.
"Well, yours are cute too, Hugh. You don't have many but I love them." The Royal Engineer said, reaching up and cupping Hugo's face and brushing his thumb along the sprinkling of freckles across his nose. Hugo smiled.
"Yours are still cuter!" He said before starting to kiss Varian all over his face making sure to get every single freckle.
"Oi! Stop that! Hugo, c'mon! It tickles!" Varian giggled before hiding his face in Hugo's shoulder to block his kisses. Hugo chuckled.
"Alright, alright fine." He said, smiling down at his boyfriend. Varian looked back up and smiled, kissing Hugo on the lips.
"I love you Hugo."
"I love you too, Freckles." Varian groaned at the nickname, but gave in when Hugo pulled him close to cuddle. He never did get back to his calculations.