"I don't hate my life," he says. "And you all need to get used to the glaring, nothing's going to change that."

"It's true," I say. "Learn to live with it."

"Shut up, Stella," Anthony says. "You've got a free damn pass out of all the shit he gives us."

"That's kind of true," Grace says. "But gets the other sappy shit."

We all laugh. Making fun of Lamar and I is actually entertaining.

"Let's go get something to eat," Alice says. "I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry, Alice," Anthony says.

"Your point is?" Alice says.

"Nothing," Anthony says, quietly.

"You guys go," I say, nudging Lamar with my elbow. "I'll be right here, I promise."

Lamar inhales deeply. "You know I'm not leaving without you," his voice is so low, I can barely hear him. "I am not leaving your side, not after everything."

"It's just breakfast," I whisper. "It isn't that big of a deal."

"I don't care-"

"Hey!" Adrian says. "No."

I shake my head as Lamar says, "shut up, Adrian, it isn't like you don't have your moments."

Color rushes to Adrian's face, he doesn't acknowledge it. "At least my moments aren't so . . . Public."

I scoff. "Public," I mutter.

"Everyone, just go to breakfast," Lamar says. "We'll be in here the whole time, neither of us will leave."

"What will you two be doing?" Alice asks, wiggling her eyebrows. "A little . . . Addition? Multiplication?"

"Oh, my God," I say, I grab a pillow off the bed. "I can't believe you." I throw it at her.

The pillow hits her in the face, she throws it back, I catch it.

"Pillow war!" Faith declares.

The pillow war gets more serious than expected. Lamar guards me with his body, catching almost every pillow in his hands. The rules are simple, if you get hit by a pillow in the head or chest, you die, if you catch it, it's harmless. If you get hit in the leg or arm, you lose that body part. And corpses are aloud to be used as shields.

Adrian, Faith, and Alice are all trying to use Anthony's corpse as a shield. I grab a free pillow and tell Lamar to cover me as I make my way over to Grace, she is not paying attention, I whack her in the head with it, we both laugh.

"I've been hit!" She calls out. She then fakes a very dramatic death.

"Stella, watch out!" Lamar calls.

I turn to see Adrian right behind me, he swings his arms to try to hit me with the pillow, I duck and instinctively knock his legs out from under him. I rip the pillow from his grip and slap him with it, he fakes a death too, making me smile. I cautiously work back towards Lamar. He wraps one arm around me, he catches a pillow with his free hand, it was carelessly thrown by Alice.

"I'm going to get them," I say.

"No," he says. "I'll go with you, it'll be safer."

"It's a pillow war," I say. "If I get hit, all I do is fake a death and hope I don't get used as a human shield."

He sighs. "Let's go," he starts walking, pulling me with him. He ends up losing his arm just before he takes a hit to the head. He fakes his death, I try to pull him up before I am the next target, but he has to stand on his own and let me guide him around to be my shield. I take a free pillow off of the ground, Lamar deflects each pillow thrown at us. I am behind Alice and Faith now, I whack them both just as I lose my arm.