" I don't want to tie one. " I was just joking, how could I not want one, it's been 23 years since her birth and there hasn't been even one, when my wrist didn't have her rakhi.

" But I want my gift. You have it right? " Here I thought she was here for me, but this idiot just wants her gift.

" Nah, I thought you won't be here and I could save some money. "
" Huh, like you need to save it. " The way she scoffed you would think as if I don't need to worry about savings, I do. I have to plan for my family too.

" I do, I have to plan for my wife and children too. " The thought of our children brought a smile to my face, but my sister thought that I don't look good smiling because she had to interrupt my thoughts with her idiotic words, " Woah bhai, tell me am I going to be an aunt soon? " How the hell is that the only thing she took from my words.

" Get your head out of the gutter idiot, I was just saying casually. " I flicked my finger on her forehead without moving my gaze from the road.
" Hmph, as if you won't do the things in this gutter. " Her words did the effect, I almost hit the break at her words. She wasn't this bold before leaving, what the hell did she learn in the hostel, " You.. "

" Eyes on the road bhaiya. I want to reach home in one piece. " She said and I turned back to the road, I need to get back to my wife in one piece too.
" I'll show you one piece once we reach home. "

.

" Mom, I'm home. " My sister couldn't be more loud if you gave her a mic, she already announced it to the whole mansion without it.
" Are, didn't you say you don't have a holiday. " Mom asked while checking to see if her daughter was okay, as if anything could happen to her.

" I wanted to give you guys a surprise. "
" By asking me to pick her up. " I chirped up, clearly not over the fact that she delayes me for two hours.
" I was tired okay? " Yeah like that's supposed to answer me.
" You can take a cab. "

" Why should I? I have a brother to pick me up. " I wanted to reply but mom interrupted us.
" Enough, go and freshen up. Both of you. Then come for dinner. Abhi, bring adhya with you too. "
" Okay mom. "

My wife was sitting on the bed with her eyes closed, she didn't notice me entering. It was new, she had been so attuned to her surroundings that she always knew when I entered, so seeing her like this was something else.

I changed my clothes before waking her up, " Hey love. Wake up. " I whispered against her ear while kissing her cheek. They were slowly turning my favorite place to kiss, soft like a strawberry and they tend to get red like them too.
" You're here. " She mumbled slowly opening her eyes.
" Uh hm. Come let's go. " I said while helping her sit and placed her slippers before her, she gave me a look that said, I can do that, and I replied with, I want to do that.
She didn't argue and just got up from the bed.

" When did you arrive? " She asked me as we walked out of our room.
" Just now. " She just hummed and stared ahead, I couldn't stay silent so I asked, " Won't you ask why I was late? "

" You went to pick Samaira. " She replied as if that was obvious. Even mom didn't know that.
" How do you know? "
" She called me. " Woah, so my sister told my wife before me, I didn't know if I was more jealous or happy over the fact, that my sister was liking my wife more than me.

" That means you knew? "
" Yeah, didn't she tell you? " Nah, love, she told no one other than you.
" Nah. "
" Huh? " I didn't answer this time, just held her hand and just walked.

" Bhabhiiii " My sister pushed me away in a heartbeat before hugging my wife. This wasn't the enthusiasm for me, I felt I was getting sidelined.
" I missed you so much. " She said before kissing her cheek, my wife's cheek, only I am allowed to do that.
I pulled her back to me and flared at her.

" Hey, what are you doing? I was meeting bhabhi. "
" No. You were kissing my wife. "
Hahaha, the sound of chuckles sounded around me. I don't know what they found funny in this, I'm serious. She needs to stop getting touchy with my wife, it's my place.
My love looked at me with a smile in her eyes as well as her face, " It's okay. "

" It's not. "
She smiled before saying, " You can do that too. " And I did, I knew she said that just to pacify me but I have to take my chances right? I kissed her cheek, where my sister had done too as if to remove her traces from my wife.

" Oh god, my eyes. I'm blind. " Samaira shouted, pretending to cover her eyes, while Rudra made a gesture of gagging, " It's too much bhai. So what you have a wife? You can't just defile our innocent eyes like that. It's too much PDA for your single siblings. "

" Not my fault, if you have a problem, get your own. " I told him before helping my wife sit, just as I knew, her cheeks had turned into the strawberries I found myself liking a bit too much these days.

Mom had a grin on her face and dad looked happy too, dadi just gave me a knowing look and I'm sure her mind had gone in an entirely different direction. I didn't bother correcting her, does that make me bad? Maybe. But do I care? Nah.

" What time do you have to leave? " I asked her as we entered our room.
" Huh? "
" For maasi's house. What time do we have to get there? " I asked again and she shook her head before replying, " I can go by myself. "

Sometimes I really wish she wasn't this independent, it makes me feel unwanted at some occasions but it's not like I care. If she's independent, then I'll be the one depending on her, no matter what, I'm not gonna stay away from her.
" I know you can but I miss maasi and rajveer. I want to meet them. "

She believed my answer as much as I believed in superman being real, but I was saying the truth, I really miss them.
" We'll go after Samaira ties you rakhi. "
" Okay. " I said and she made her way to the bathroom when I asked, " By the way, what color are you wearing tomorrow? "

She turned and looked at me as if trying to figure out why I was asking that, but eventually replied, " I don't know. Maybe blue, why? " Of course to wear something matching, but that wasn't what I said.
" Just asking casually. " I shrugged and she went in.

Changing into our night clothes, we laid on the bed and I brought her closer to me, clutching her to myself. Her head was buried in my chest, just like every night it is but I knew that in the morning it would mine buried in her neck, just like every morning it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Double update cheries💗
Remember to vote and comment.
Happy reading.