Chapter Twenty-Seven: Belle Reve

Belle Reve, 5/20/15, 7:20 PM

Deadshot's head hit the wall as Chesire kicked him back. Merlyn ran forward slamming his bow into Chesire's back, but she flipped back hitting Merlyn with her legs mid-jump. Merlyn tumbled back, but Deadshot swung a punch at Chesire in the shoulder. He landed his hit and hit her again in the chest knocking her towards Poison Ivy and Amanda Waller. Poison Ivy grabbed Chesire by the neck and grinned at her as she did.

"Girl talk?" Poison Ivy asked with a smirk.

"Sorry, now's really not the time." Chesire snickered shouldering Poison Ivy in the stomach and stabbing her thigh with a sai. Poison Ivy slid to the floor and leaned against the wall next to Amanda Waller.

"Kill her already Lawton!" Waller ordered him in anger.

Deadshot narrowed his eyes as Chesire flipped around towards Merlyn. The ground shook as Killer Croc punched Blockbuster back into the hallway. The two grabbed each other again and struggled to gain a foothold on one-another. Merlyn was up now punching at Chesire, but she flipped through the air and spun off the walls evading him. Deadshot rose his arm to take a shot, but Chesire threw Merlyn towards him. Chesire chuckled as she watched the two turn towards her.

"This is almost embarrassing! I thought the great Deadshot and masterful Merlyn would be more of a challenge!" Chesire taunted them, "It seems you let me down."

"Sorry you feel that way." Deadshot fired at her, but she kicked his arm up sending the shot into the roof. Chesire drew her said and lunged at Deadshot's chest as he fired. Merlyn kicked her back though and she hit the wall. Merlyn ran forward stabbing at her with an arrow. The arrow pierced the wall and Chesire lunged at Merlyn hitting him in the chest with her sai. Deadshot widened his eyes as Merlyn fell back to the floor as his chest bled.

"So the great dark archer falls!" Chesire laughed, "You won't be a problem anymore."

"There are other ways to evade death." Merlyn taunted her, "They will come for me."

"Indeed we will." Deadshot nearly jumped as a voice spoke behind him. A man stepped out next to Deadshot, but what surprised Deadshot was the fact that the man had four arms. In each hand was a handgun, and the man aimed them all at Chesire.

"Well, I'd say that's impressive, but I've seen better from the Shadows." Chesire laughed, "Four armed freak is the same as two gun men."

"How about me then?" Another voice asked, this time it was female. A woman stepped into the hallway next to Waller and Ivy. This one had created energy swords in her hands, they were green colored and sharp.

"Spike." Chesire growled in anger, "I thought they might send you after me eventually."

"You better run little cat." Spike taunted her, "Or Ruck and I will have to kill you."

"I think you're right this time." Chesire leaped back as the four armed Ruck opened fire on her. Deadshot did the same, but Chesire had disappeared from sight as Spike slashed into the air.

"Thanks for the help." Deadshot sighed as Ruck holstered his weapons and picked up Merlyn.

"Merlyn had a beacon for us as soon as Chesire appeared." Spike nodded, "You would make a good shadow. You should consider it, Deadshot."

"I have before believe me." Deadshot looked over at Waller, "I have other commitments today."

"Damnit fine." Waller sighed as Deadshot helped her up, "You'll be free to go after this."

"Good, what are you going to do about her?" He asked looking down at Poison Ivy, she was covered in some sort of plant now.

"She'll live. I think she's healing right now." Waller shrugged, "I just hope the Justice League has put away most of my prisoners."