Chapter Twenty: Gotham

Gotham, 5/16/15, 3:34 AM

Bruce smiled as he stepped out of the limo. He moved forward with the two women in his arms, he was drunk beyond belief, but he had to keep going. This was his night off. The Wayne Foundation had set up numerous fundraisers and now Bruce was going from party to party endorsing his brand and drinking to every toast made.

The girls in his arms walked off laughing while Bruce stumbled towards the bathroom. He waved around viscously as people walked past. He knew somewhere in his mind that this was wrong. He had just sent in the Team to Uraria, he should be monitoring the country and all criminal activity, but instead he was partying.

Finally, Bruce found the bathroom and he moved inside. The noise of the party outside subsided as he moved to the sink. He looked in the mirror, he looked as though he were ready to fall over. His current state was terrible. He quickly washed his face attempting to regain some energy, but he was too wasted. He had to get back to the manor.

Bruce looked up at the mirror as he finished washing and widened his eyes as he saw a man with a gun pressed up against Bruce's back.

"Sla...Uh step away from me!" Bruce stuttered, he could not let Slade Wilson know who Bruce Wayne really was.

"Hello Mr. Wayne." Deathstroke replied, "Mind if we step out for a few moments? This party is terribly loud and plus you look awful anyways! You might need a rest."

Bruce complied as Slade led him out of the party and into an alleyway outside the building away from public eyes.

"Terribly sorry Mr. Wayne." Slade began as he raised his pistol towards Bruce, but that was his mistake. Slade had underestimated Bruce Wayne, he watched in shock as Bruce swung around grabbing Slade's arm and throwing the gun away. Bruce kicked back into Slade's chest knocking him down to the ground.

Slade regained his composure quickly and put on his mask becoming Deathstroke. Deathstroke drew a hidden dagger and lunged at Bruce. He quickly responded by side-stepping to dodge the attack and slamming his fist into Deathstroke's chest several times.

"Surprised?" Bruce grinned as he knocked Deathstroke against the wall and slammed his head against the bricks.

"Not incredibly." Slade replied grabbing Bruce's wrist and pulling him towards the wall. Bruce twisted and threw Slade over his shoulder. Slade hit the ground, but he was back up in mere moments. He threw punches and barely any missed. Bruce was still dizzy, he had only been able to keep up so long and now his mistakes were coming back to haunt him.

Slade struck forward hitting Bruce to the ground. He moved towards him pulling out another pistol. He raised the pistol up with a cold look in his eyes.

"Time to die, Mr. Wayne." Slade said with a smirk.

"Slade!" Bruce widened his eyes as Oliver appeared in the alleyway. He raised his bow firing at Slade.

"You!" Slade yelled, he rushed Oliver, but Green Arrow was ready. He swung his bow knocking into Slade's chest and then hitting him against the wall.

Slade fell back as Oliver fired a second arrow. He began running back as Oliver fired again. Slade stopped towards the street and fired into the alleyway, though by then Oliver and Bruce were long gone.

Mount Justice II, 5/16/15, 3:55 AM

"So why was Slade after you?" Oliver asked as the two arrived in Mount Justice II, "Or Bruce Wayne I guess."

"It seemed like he was on a mission. An assassination attempt, luckily he does not know who I really am." Bruce nodded still in his party suit, "We need to track his movements. Maybe we could capture him and find out more about what he has been up to."