Chapter Eleven: The Watchtower

The Watchtower, 5/7/15, 1:35PM

Starfire could barely believe her eyes, she had just witnessed Captain Atom get beaten by an android. Amazo, one of the greatest enemies the League had ever faced was now in their headquarters. Starfire looked down the corridor expecting to see the android appear, but the hallway was silent. Miss Martian had set up a mind link in order to keep their presence unknown and the Team was now planning their next move.

"We have to save the captive League members." Miss Martian pleaded, Starfire knew that her uncle had been one of the League members on the station and according to Captain Atom, he had been incapacitated by Amazo and the other androids.

"We will save them. That is our first goal." Aqualad nodded in agreement as Blue Beetle and Cyborg kept watch. Beastboy was still scoping out the area as a bug and Starfire could tell Miss Martian was worried sick about him as well.

Starfire watched Aqualad with a longing. She could barely believe how well he leaded the Team, a part of her wanted to have him, but she knew that Cassie had something for him, even Starfire knew that. Cassie was crouched next to Aqualad and held up a small device that projected a hologram of the Watchtower.

"They're most likely in the main chamber where the main console is." Cassie said as she narrowed her eyes examining the map, "We could attack there and take out Amazo's backup. Once we've taken them down, we can save the Leaguers while some of us hold off Amazo together."

"Good idea Wondergirl." Aqualad smiled at her and looked back at the map, "We'll launch a coordinated assault on the main control center. Blue Beetle and Wonder Girl will hold off Amazo being our two strongest members. The rest of us will deal with the androids and save the Leaguers. There is no room for mistake here. If we fail, it will mean all of us will likely die along with the League members."

"Also, we don't know what Amazo is doing here with the Watchtower. We need to make sure whatever those androids are planning does not succeed." Miss Martian said, "Garfield? What is your status?"

"Well, I can confirm that the androids are in the main chamber, but we have a few complications..." Beastboy replied hesitantly, "There are more androids here."

"What?" Aqualad asked in shock, "How many more?"

"Well, it looks like three more are here and one of them has been repaired by Amazo. The six are guarding Atom, Martian Manhunter, Plastic Man, Red Tornado, and Captain Atom." Beastboy reported in, "The new ones look like the ones in New York!"

"Does that mean the League won?" Cassie asked tilting her head, "Then they should be coming here right?"

"Or it means they've lost." Aqualad said with a feeling of dread.

"Or perhaps the androids have retreated here and something else is being used against the League?" Starfire suggested.

"We can't know for sure, but we'll deal with these androids." Miss Martian replied, "Beastboy be ready for when we arrive, we'll need everything we have to do this."

"Wait, something's happening!" Beastboy yelled over the mind link, "Amazo is grabbing Plastic Man by the neck!"

"What? Why?" Aqualad yelled back, "What's happening?"

"A message came from Professor Ivo!" Beastboy exclaimed, "He's telling... oh no..."

"Beastboy!" Aqualad yelled, "Get out now!"

"Amazo is..." Beastboy sounded horrified, Starfire could barely believe he was there. He was the youngest on the team.

"Garfield get out now!" Miss Martian ordered in urgency, "Come back!"