Chapter Nineteen: Star City

Star City, 5/13/15, 7:22 PM

Deadshot watched as the doors opened to reveal the street that the huge armored truck now sat in. He clicked his wrist cannons together and stood up. He reached into one of the compartments above his head and grabbed an assault rifle. He slung the rifle over his shoulder and waited as the others moved out of the truck.

"So where exactly are we going first?" Mr. Freeze asked as he lifted up his large freeze-ray.

"Like Waller said." Deadshot replied moving out as the truck burst to life and sped away, "We're going to the church."

Belle Reve, 5/13/15, 5:23 PM

Floyd Lawton leaned back in his chair as Amanda Waller paced in front of a large screen and behind a long table. She finally stood still and put both hands on the table to face the new Task Force X, the Suicide Squad. Killer Croc stood behind Floyd with his arms crossed while Scarecrow sat in a chair beside Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy. Harley stood next in between Killer Croc and Poison Ivy with her arms behind her head.

"So what is it Missus?" Harley asked with a bored look on her face.

"I've gathered you all to form the new Task Force X." Waller began with her usual frown as she glared at the collection of criminals, "You all know the rules here, betray and die. Try to run, die. Got it?"

The whole crew nodded their heads slowly and Waller went on. She brought up several images on the screen.

"As many of you know, Vandal Savage has been running several operations in the United States. He has been attacking and taking technology from many different places as well as stealing weaponry. We need to know why and must stop him. The last incident was the destruction of an abandoned storage facility. We've been looking for any sign of trouble, someone sighted a flying figure heading into a church. I'm having you all find out who it is and what they're doing."

"You think Vandal Savage is behind it?" Mr. Freeze asked gazing at Waller with a look of interest.

"We don't know for sure, but he's the likely source. Of course, it could be Lex Luthor." Waller glared at Deadshot, "But our good friend who used to work for the man has said nothing. What do you say Deadshot?"

Floyd examined the situation as quickly as he could in his head. He would likely be hunted by Luthor's forces now that he was in the custody of Waller. If he gave anything away then he would be killed, but from what he saw this was not Luthor's work.

"I don't think it's him." Floyd replied scratching his chin, "Luthor has operations in the United States, but this is not one of them."

"Well, one day I'll make you tell us more, but we have little time to lose. This guy may have already left the church. Get moving now. You need to find this person and incapacitate them."

Star City, 5/13/15, 7:23 PM

Deadshot moved up to the front steps of the church as the squad took their positions. He had volunteered to go in guns-blazing style. It had been a while since he had done so for this squad, these situations were why it was called the Suicide Squad. He looked up at the roof as Scarecrow and Mr. Freeze made their way over to the skylights. Whoever this guy was, he could fly and destroy buildings which meant he was dangerous. If he tried to run then Mr. Freeze and Scarecrow could hold him back.

Deadshot wondered who this figure could be. Firstly, was it male or female? From the picture taken it was hard to tell, but Deadshot knew many individuals capable of flying. It could be Wotan or Firefly or even Man-Bat. Deadshot moved up on the church doors hearing Poison Ivy moving up behind him with Harley and Killer Croc moving up to the windows on the right and left sides of the building. The group would attack once Deadshot and Poison Ivy were finished assessing the threat. Once they attacked, Deadshot hoped for this figure's sake that they were a good fighter or they would be decimated by the large amount of criminals surrounding them now.