I just laughed.

"Beth, do you want to hang out sometime?"asked keeping my voice calm, Annabeth just stared and laughed.

"No, I don't date jerks, and I already have a boyfriend."

It was my turn to stare, I tried to act confident, "oh, really? And where does this mysterious boyfriend of yours live?"

She smiled, "New York" she responded smugly, I was done. How couldn't she want me? I am perfect. I grabbed her wrist aggressively and pulled her close, kissing distance.

"You know what? Because your lying and it's clear you are-"

Then, well, ok, look, I don't really remember what happened I just saw a flying blur of colors, and then, I was on my back, I let out a startled groan, both my back and head were aching.

Annabeth smirked down at me, she dusted her hands off, shouldered her bag, and strolled away. Annabeth chase had somehow managed to flip me upside down, and twist me, all while I was in the air. How? Just how?

I'm confused. And my back really hurts.

———————————-—————————————{Wednesday, lunch}——————————————————————————

I walked with my lunch tray, one foot in front of the other, over to my table.

I could see my friends luang hi guys and chatting, from a distance. As I walked I spotted annabeth chase, sitting with a few other people.

"What does he look like?" I heard one of the girls ask annabeth.

"I don't understand why you guys like to talk about this so much!" Annabeth responded, rolling her eyes.

Another girl, stated, "Come on Annie, we want to get to know you, and he seems nice, if he's ever here we'd love to meet him."

"Yeah" the first girl agreed.

"But in the mean time" she smirked " you can be a good friend and tell us about your man!"

Everyone laughed as annabeth began to describe him. "Y'all really remind rme of my friend piper." I heard annabeth mutter under her breath.

Alright, there was no way this guy was real, I had kept my ear on the conversation and— "annabeth, your describing this guy like he's half god" one of the girls said, everyone laughed.

I saw Annabeth mumble something under her breath. If this guy was so good looking with "raven black hair, and sea green eyes" then there was no way she wasn't making him up, no one looked that good, right?
———————————————————-{Thursday, 1st period}—————————————————————————

Thursday, was when things gots weird, I walked into school like I do everyday, everything was normal, strolled in book bag on shoulder, I ambled up the stairs to my first class, but all of a sudden I heard something. Small whimpers, tiny slow cry's, coming from an dark vacant class room, the hallway was empty, no one but me.

I wandered forward, and opened the door, the cold handle turned with a squeak, and I peered inside.

Annabeth chase was sitting on the ground, knees up, her head was wresting on one of her hands, her chin quivered softly. Her eyes looked sad, glazed over almost, staring into the distance, wet tear rolled down her face.

Finally! I thought, I can be the knight in shining armor. no way annabeth will be able to resist me after this.

I ran forward, shaking her shoulder, I whispered, "Annabeth, what's Wrong? Please, talk to me!" Annabeth did not respond, the tears were coming faster now.