Chapter 20

"Not you stalking her socials using a fake account after she blocked you." Jayden just ignored Curt and he pressed on her story.

She posted a picture of her in a crop top and baggy pants. Her smile on the photo made him remember the old days with her. The smile she gave him always brightened a bad day he had.

She was still wearing the ring he gave her, but not that often he saw. At the picture that appeared in her story there was no ring.

"I'm looking out for her." He replied shortly, with his mind totally somewhere else.

"Whatever makes you happy." Curt shrugged.

Curt was starting to annoy him, so he just stood up and left, making his way to the cafeteria. When he arrived he saw Astraea sitting there laughing at a joke a guy was telling her.

Astraea sensed his presence.

She raised her head up, just for him to already look at her.

He shook his head, sighing.

He didn't understand where her head was at. And why she could leave him like that.

Wasn't that what love meant?

It didn't matter which title you presented. You had to be there for each other.

He just got her. Just for him to lose her. AGAIN.
Maybe it was a sign to let the love that they had die down.

Leave it in the past.

But why was that idea paining his heart?

After witnessing her with another guy he needed to leave.

He needed to accept that it may be possible for her to move on. With or without him.

He was in his thoughts all the while he walked in the hall way.

"Jay."

The sound left so beautifully. Almost unheardable.

He knew which voice it belonged to.

He didn't turn around, but he did stop.
"What?"
His voice darkened.

"I—" She started to say, but didn't know what to say.

"Never mind." She turned around to leave.

"Do you like to hurt me or something?" She stopped in her tracks, turning back around.
Just for him to already look at her.

She furrowed her brows confused.
"Hurt you?"
"Are you seriously saying that right now?" She replied hurt.

"I can't believe you would think that I would do that to you."

Jayden wanted to cuss, but he knew she didn't like that in serious moments.
"Why did you even come here?!" He said, walking towards her till he stood in front of her.
He didn't mean to flip at her, but he was really hurt.

"How do you expect me to react. I can't sleep, because of you. Maybe, I should've not told you the truth then you would still be here with me. Then you would laugh at my jokes, be back in my arms. And seeing you sit there with a guy that probably wants to use you. They all just want to have s*x with you." Jayden sighed, saying: "You're driving me crazy."

"I need time." She softly said, not looking him in the eyes. Astraea was scared that if she looked at him, that she would run back in his arms.