Chapter 12

"Honestly, it isn't his fault that, that happened, you know? I understand his guilt, but I'm okay. I can handle it." Astraea explained to Laetitia.

They were sitting in the cafeteria, where it's quiet. She told Laetitia everything that happened at the gala.

Laetitia grew angry, when Astraea talked about the disrespectful man.

The two of them have become close and Laetitia was the closest bond she made, since she entered her new school.

The both of them met each others parents, since they recently hung out together or slept at one another's place.

"Yeah, maybe you should give him some time. Until he sorts his things out." Lae said.

"Yeah, that's what I planned to do." She said, agreeing.

"So much for being boyfriend and girlfriend." Astraea sighed.

"He does have a good taste. The ring is beautiful."

Lae took Astraea's hand looking at the ring.

"Yeah, it really is beautiful."

"Enough about me. Now you. How's life going?" Astraea asked.

"Good." Laetitia let go of her hand.

"Now only if the homeworks lessened, I would feel much better." She continued saying, laying her head on the table.

Astraea reached out to play with her head, so she would relax.

"Oh, that's really good." Lae moaned.

"If you want, I could come over your place to help you with them?" Astraea implied.

"No, it's good. I'll be fine. Thank you though." She tilted her head from the table.

"We should probably go take our books, before the hall becomes preoccupied." They didn't like to bump into people, while taking their books from their lockers.

"Yeah, you'--" Astraea got interrupted.

The cafeteria became filled with laughter.

Jayden and his friends were making their way, outside to the field.

"Man, you should come to the party. It'll be li--" Curt began.

"Oh, hello ladies." He licked his lips, further biting on it.

He made his way towards them.

Jayden tried to not make eye contact with Astraea, when he and his friends followed after Curt.

Jayden noticed the ring that he gave on Astraea.

"Hey Curt." She smiled, to which her friend said the same thing.

"Astraea, you look good. Like always." He said, smiling at her.

" He said, smiling at her