Part 9

''What?'' He wasn't being serious, was he?

''you said it's getting late and unsafe, so I want to drop you off''.

He repeated again, sounding more certain. 

I have no idea why this is surprising me.

I couldn't tell if it's the fact that I'm being offered a lift or because it was Dante offering it.

Either way, I knew I needed the lift. I highly doubt that any cab will be around at this hour.

I took a look around my surrounding and there were no cabs around which only led to one thing. 

''Done looking around?''

I turned back to see him holding his keys in his hand.

I then turned to where his car parked that probably costs more than my whole life spending all together.

What money can do. 

''So?''. He spoke again, catching my attention.

I kept silent for a bit. I guess the lift won't hurt. Besides, the car looked nice to be in. ''Okay''. 

A huge grin formed on his face. Guess he wanted me to agree.

I silently walked to his car and waited for him to unlock it.

When he did, he came to my side and opened the door for me. I gently got into the car and settled down.

When he closed the door, I quickly took in a deep breath to get a better scent of the car. Even the smell is expensive.

When he got in, he started the car, and I flinched when I heard how loud the engine was.

He chuckled at my reaction before driving out of the restaurant.

Why did I love the sound of it?

The car ride was awkwardly silent. The only sounds or voices heard was when I kept directing him on where to go.

I dont know about how he felt during the ride, but the silence was definitely something I wasn't used to.

In about 15 minutes, we reached my little flat of a house. 

''thank you.... for the ride''. I said, breaking the awkward silence.

I silently unbuckled the seatbelt and held my bag, ready to leave.

''Don't you think you're forgetting something?''.

I held my tracks and turned to him, clearly confused.

''What do you mean? I carried everything with me''.

I responded, clearly oblivious to what he actually means.

''Don't you think it's high time I finally get your number?''.

When I realized where this was going, I kept silent. The more I keep quiet like this, the more this isn't going to stop.

I don't even know if he's being sincere with me or he's just playing around.

I feel bad for him because he seems genuine, but my doubts and hesitation are what is going to chase him away.

''And why would I do that?''. I replied to him.

He then looked at me with a little smirk forming on his gorgeous face.

''from what I recall, you specifically said you don't give your numbers to people you just met''.

I do remember saying that. Vividly actually, but I said it to avoid actually giving him my contact.

I didn't think he would actually remember. 

''And?''. I spoke. I wanted to see where he was going with this.

''this is our second time seeing each other and I even gave you a ride home so that's a bonus point for me. I think I deserve it''.

Without me even noticing, I chuckled a little. That sounded so adorable without him even intending to.

He's actually convincing me to give it to him now. 

''And what if I don't, what then?''. I dared to ask, looking directly at him.

He only smirked wider. Cocky.

''You seem to forget that I'm also friends with Luciana. I could just ask her for it or choose to bother you until you decide to give it''.

I immediately felt my cheeks heat up and I looked away.

Why did I forget that so easily?. This is of no use; he's bound to get it either way.

I brought out my hand and he happily gave me his phone.

When I inserted my number, I gave him back the phone and the most beautiful smile appeared on his face, my stomach started doing flips.

Without speaking, I opened the door and got out of the car.

When I was about to move, his car horn stopped me. 

I quickly turned back, confused on why he did that, and I saw his window down.

''Goodnight, Willa''.

Blush immediately creeped unto my cheeks as I stared at him.

''Goodnight, Dante and thank you for the ride''.

I responded, sincerely. He smiled at me before replying.

''You're welcome''. 

I watched him raise his window up before starting his engine and driving off.

I made my way into my house and immediately located my room.

I decided to quickly freshen up before crashing on the bed.

I was so damn tired that I didn't even know when I passed out.