CHAPTER 20

CHAPTER 20

"You can't be mad at me forever Paige!" I said as I walked with Paige through our dorm room after my detention. (After school Paige went to a class after school for doing homework I case she needed help with a teacher.)

"Really? You said you didn't care! Why do you care all of a sudden?" She asked dropping her book bag on the floor by her bed.k

"Because you're my best friend. I was tired and crabby. Please forgive me! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!" I said sounding sad. "Please I don't want to lose you Paige. Please."

"Oh... Ok I forgive you!" She said as she stood up and gave me hug. "Just promise not to do that again! Got it?" She said as she punched my arm.

"We'll want to go to the library?" I asked grabbing the demon books.

"No thanks. I... Um... Got stuff to do. Yeah! That's it I got stuff to do!" She said in a suspicious voice.

"Uh yeah what ever." I said walking out the door.

I was looking in a book about famous people in the history of magic. One person very much fascinated me. He was a were wolf like me who was also a demon slayer named Flynn Clarkson. I decided to get a book about him. When I opened the book I was amazed to what I found. He was the one who had slain all the demons but one! Turns out he married a demon, but when he was given a mission to kill all the demons he accepted, but refused to kill his wife. The wizard council said it was fine, but when his wife found out she attacked and sucked his blood thus leaving her, the last demon.

Her name was worn out so I couldn't read her name. Every book that mentioned his wife, her name was worn out. It seems as though I've got more evidence. I kept reading about Flynn, his wife, other demon slayers, and other demons. Just when I saw Chris and was going to sit by him the dinner bell rang. I couldn't wait! Two hours from now I'll be on a date with him! Just the thought makes me excited.

When I walked in the kitchen I felt really hungry. For dinner it looked like I was eating sea food. I didn't mind, because sea food's my favorite. As I sat down, Paige wouldn't stop talking about my date with Chris. It got really annoying! I ate quickly so the faster I got done eating, the faster I get done with basement duty, and the faster I get done with basement duty, the faster i get to go on my date with Chris.

"Woah! You're eating faster than me, if that's possible! Where are you going in a hurry?" Paige asked me wiping her lips full of blood.

"The basement. The sooner I get done, the sooner I get on my date, and the more time we get to spend together." I replied trying to sound calm. Before Paige could say something stupid about me and Chris, I quickly walked to the basement where Head Mistress Thomas waited for me, and let me in. The whole time I looked for a key that would fit in the lock of the tiny golden chest. It was difficult, because it was probably a very small key. I looked on the wall for hooks it might be on, and the shelves to see if it was sitting under anything or covered in dust. By the time my hour was up I didn't find the key, but it was time for my date.

When I walked out the door, Chris was standing there waiting for me with a basket and a blanket. When I walked up to him he held my hand as we walked out the door. When we reached the pond I helped him lay out the blanket, and we sat down. He opened the basket and got out some plates, and containers of some food. "I didn't know what you wanted so brought shrimp, potatoes, bananas, yogurt, ice cream, and Dr. Pepper." Talk about a picnic food fail!

"Um... I'll have shrimp, and potatoes. For dessert I'll have the ice cream." I said pointing at what I wanted.

"Here you go!" He said handing me my plate. "So... How's basement duty?" He asked me.

"Boring, but the other day I found a small golden chest. I also found a cool wand of life magic! It's really fun when you look through the stuff. It's kind of like the magical Goodwill, but everything's crappier, older, and not for sale unless you take it without them knowing." I told him.

"Hmm... Interesting." He said as he took the container with a very bloody steak. Immediately his eyes turned red, and when he opened his mouth his fangs shot out. I felt a little strange watching him do that, but that's how he eats. For a drink he had a blood packet. The school provides blood packets for the vampires to drink. I've seen Paige drink out of them a lot with her meals.

As we finished our food he got up and helped me off the ground. "Want to go for a walk?" He asked holding my hand.

"Sure!" I said trying to sound cool. We walked together onto the bridge over the pond. Chris was leaning against the brick siding of the bridge looking out over the huge pond. I stood next to him looking at the reflection of the moon. He then turned around and looked right in my eyes. I had a feeling he knew my emotion, but I didn't know his. Then his face got closer to minee. for a second i thought they were red but it must of been me. He then closed his eyes. I knew what was going to happen next.