CHAPTER 17

CHAPTER 17

As I walked to the dining room I kept thinking about what Chris was going to ask me. "Hey Paige what was Chris going to ask me?" I asked when Paige walked up to me.

"I think you should wait and find out when he asks you. Even if you go on your hands and knees I still wouldn't tell you." Paige said as she grabbed a plate. You could tell by her face she couldn't decide what to eat.

When I got my food and sat down I saw Chris was sitting by his friends for dinner tonight. I sat down and looked for Kassie. When I found her she had her head on the table and she was crying a river. "Man she looks terrible!" Paige said as she sat down.

"What happened?" I asked as I took a bite out of my cheese burger.

"I don't really know, but I'm glad she's sad!" Paige said as she began golfing down her steak. Her fangs shot out and her eyes turned a bright red. As she took a bite a shiver ran down my spine. I know she's my friend but I'm just not used to it yet.

For the rest of dinner we talked about our day. When I finished and dumped my plate, Kassie came up to me. "Stephanie can I talk to you in private?" Kassie said as she grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the girls bathroom.

Before she started talking she blew her nose, and dried her tears. "Look Johnson! I can't believe you'd do this to me!" She said crying.

"I don't mean to make you mad, but what do you mean?" I asked felling stupid.

"Stop acting like you don't know, because I know you know!" She yelled.

"I'm not acting!" I shouted in her face, and she began to cry even more. "Look I'm sorry."

"How could you not know. Everyone knows but you." She said trying to stop crying.

"Knows what?" I asked sounding like an excited little kid.

She wiped her eyes and began to talk. "Chris was my boyfriend. The day you two met, he kept talking about you. Then next day he told me we should see other people. The next thing I know he's asking you out! Why would you do this to me Steph? I thought you were starting to like me, and I was just starting to like you." She said as she looked to the ceiling. "Now I know our friendship wasn't meant to be." She said as she bowed her head.

After she said that the wires in my head connected. I remember now that Chris asked me on a date for tomorrow. "Look, I'm sorry Kassie but I didn't know he was your boyfriend. If I knew, I would stay away from him." This wasn't true but I couldn't stand watching her cry.

"Stephanie, I will still train you but I am no longer your friend! I'm sorry, but we just can't be friends!" she Paused for a second. "I'm sorry." She finally said when the bell rang and she walked out of the bathroom with many tissues in her hand.

I stood in the bathroom for a minute and looked in the mirror. I then said to myself. "And I'm sorry, sorry you can't just be nice to me and Paige."