CHAPTERS 12 & 13

CHAPTER 12

"Come on wake up Stephanie!" Kassie said as she tried to wake me up.

"What the hell are you doing in my room!" I shouted. Hoping she'd let me sleep.

"I'm here to give you shape shifting lessons." She said.

"What? Why? Where?" I asked.

she sighed real loud. "Because! I cant stand terrible shape shifters like you! I'm also going to take you out to the pond where we can train in peace." she answered.

After she said that I got dressed, and followed her out of the school and out by the pond in the woods a little bit. As I stood there with My eyes barely staying open Kassie began to talk.

"Ok show me how you shape shift. I wanna see what you do. after a few seconds I want you to turn back to human. got it!" She instructed me.

I sighed as my body took form it took me a few minutes but then I was a wolf. "Ok so what now?" I thought to myself. "Oh yeah human. Duh. I thought to myself again. when I transformed again it took me a few minutes too. "Well?" I asked Kassie.

"It was terrible! You took way too long. It should only take a few seconds! Not minutes! Here watch me." she said as she transformed into a wolf. "see. Like that!" she said as she became human again. "When you transform I think you consenteate too hard. It comes naturally. When you controlnit like that you won't unleash at bad times. You also only focus on what you transform into. Like say a wolf. You think "wolf" not oh what did I get on my history test. got it?" she said. "Try it again."

"Alright!" I said. I only thought wolf, and tried not to concentrate hard. when I transformed it took a minute which was better, but it wasn't good enough. I transformed to human the same way I did wolf.

"Well... it got better!" She said as she smiled at me. "Well you better get to bed. You need to catch up on some sleep. Now go!" she said as she gestured me to leave.

When I got to my dorm Paige was in bed looking at pictures of a demon book I got from the library. "Hey Steph! Where were you? I got a little worried!" she said flipping through the pages.

Just the bathroom. I felt a little sick you know? Nothing major." I said. before I went in my dorm room I had to stop in the bathroom to change into my pj's. "Well I see you enjoy that book!" I said.

"Yeah!" she answered. "There was an interesting photo I wanted you to see." She then flipped to a page she had book marked. There was a photo of a girl that looked exactly like Kassie."Pretty scary huh?" Paige asked me.

"Holy crap YES!" I said as I read the caption. it really caught my eye.

"you should read the caption!" Paige told me.

The caption said. "Demons look like normal people, but they're not. When they feed on victoms they grow long claws, and fangs and pierce two holes in the victoms neck. A lot like a vampire the demon will sick the blood from the holes in the neck, untill the blood is drained. However they are neat eaters, unlike vampires."

Wow! that is freaky! Looks like I found another suspect, however." I said.

"Well you must be happy! You just closed your case!" Paige said smiling.

"Not yet!" I said as I flopped on my bed. "I think I should sleep on it. It's almost 1:00 a.m and I'm tired." I said.

"Oh. Well... Night! Don't let the vamps bite!" Paige said as she laughed.

"Yeah." I said as I laughed with her. "Night!" I said, and then turned out the light.

CHAPTER 13

"Ugh! I hate this class!" I told Paige. "I feel stupid wearing this gym outfit. It fits too tight, however it does look pretty good on Chris!" I said as I laughed. It was third hour, and it was prodigium defense class. Everyone wore the same uniform. Blue shorts that were a little bit above the knee, and a whit shirt with a fancy blue emblem of a wizard just above your heart. It's not that I don't like the look, but it's skin tight. Even the shorts!

"Ok class! Why don't we have someone demonstrate what we learned yesterday. Ms. Johnson! Why don't you show us!" Mr. Chazinski said.

My stomach was in knots and I just wanted to go to lunch. "Ok sir." I choked.

"And how 'bout Chris!" Said mr. Chazinski.

"Of coarse sir!" Chris said as though he lives just to push Me down.

When we got in our ready stance I felt like throwing up. Not only did I know I was going fail, but my crush was the one who was going to fight me. As Mr. Chazinski blew the whistle the fight began. I started wrestling and hoped that Chris didn't see me sweating. As I was moving around he lunged at me. As he grabbed my arms he tripped me and pushed me down. I closed my eyes hoping this was a dream.

When I opened my eyes I was on the ground with Chris on top of me. I could see he was sweating too. I tried not to look at him but he looked so hot in his gym clothes. As he helped me up he whispered in my ear. "I need to talk to you after class." As he said that my heart started racing. I feared he could hear it.

"Uh... Uh... Ok." I said blushing. After that I stood next to Paige.

"What the hell happened? You just stood there as he lunged at you! If that was L Ochio de dio you would be dead!" Paige said laughing.

"I-I-I froze up! I looked in his eyes and saw something. I swear are eyes met and he looked as though he didn't want to fight."

"I saw him whisper to you as he helped you up. What did he say?" She asked seeming very suspicious.

"He said he wanted to talk to me after class."

Just as I was about to ask Paige something Mr. Chazinski walked up to me. "Ms. Johnson try harder next time!" He said with anger in his voice. "I want you to go against me instead. Maybe you won't make goo goo eyes at me and concentrate!" He shouted.

"Ok sir." I said as I walked towards the mat. When I looked back, Paige gave me a thumbs up.

When I got in ready position Mr. Chazinski shouted "START!!!" As we circled the mat everyone was cheering for me, even Chris! Then I saw Mr. Chazinski coming at me, instinctively I elbowed him in the gut and punched him in the face. After that he fell backward. When I saw him hit the floor, I covered my mouth and gasped.

"Oh my god! I'm so so so sorry Mr. Chazinski it was just instincts. As he sat up I didn't expect what he was going to say.

"Ms. Johnson, defense is all about instincts! Excellent! Good job! I must say, you really pack a punch!" He said chuckling.

"What? You're serious? I punched you and elbowed you." I said shocked he was happy.

"That's what defense is. Attacking you're opponent any way as long as it keeps you safe. Instincts help play that part. I'm proud." He said as he got up. "OK now hit the showers. STAT!!!" Then he blew his whistle.