CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

As I walked to the library I thought of telling the head mistress, but I knew she'd tell me to not worry, and that she'll get to it.(which she wont!) When I got in the library I sat down with all my books, and pulled out the note. I kept reading, and thinking in my head. "The hand writing looked very familiar, but whose is it? I know its not Paige's because she has teenager like handwriting, this was fancy. Could Head Mistress Thomas write this so I would stop? Is there a reason she doesn't want me to investigate?" Then Kassie popped in my head. "It could be Kassie just trying to get a laugh out of scaring me."

I shook the thoughts out of my head and decided to think later, because noes the perfect time to study. I opened a book about demons and found out good information. "Demons were all killed by, a demon slayer sent by the high wizard council to protect the people of prodigium. However one hid and lived, and this demon still isn't found."

"seems pretty legit! It could be a demon! Except what does the last demon look like? Don't they look like normal humans?"

"Usually, unless they suck your blood." Chris said as he walked up to me from behind. After he said that I jumped.

"Chris didn't expect to see you here!" I said.

"We'll I have detention here for a while." He told me.

"It's better than cleaning a basement after dinner like me." I said as I flipped through pages of the demon book. I flipped to the page after the one that talked about them being extinct. The page after it was a picture the demon Paige showed me that looked a lot like Kassie. I quickly turned it away as he sat next to me.

"So hey, are you busy after cleaning the basement." Chris asked me, his head down looking at his lap and playing with his fingers.

"Actually, no!" I said.

"Well..." Chris began, till Paige interrupted him.

"Hey we might want to start heading to the dining room." Paige said as she walked by us. "So Chris, did you ask her yet?" Paige asked sounding anxious.

"Um... No. It was going to be a surprise, and I just began to ask her till some nosy teenage vampire girl interrupted me!" Chris said as he looked at Paige with a funny face. You could tell by the tone of his voice that he wasn't mad, but in a joking kind of way.

"Oh... Well sorry!" Paige said with a smile on her face.

"Ok... Well Steph I was wondering..." Chris began again, but the dinner bell cut him off. "I'll just ask you after dinner Steph! Ok?" He said as he ran to catch up to his friend, Justin Finn (a wizard) who was waving to him.

As he walked out the Doors of the library, I held my books tight to my chest and whispered to myself. "Ok."