CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10

As I stomped in my dorm room I saw Paige on her bed weeping in her pillow. I sat down on the bed next to her and tried to comfort her "Don't worry Paige I'll find out what really happened. I will search the whole planet just so i can prove you innocent! But first where's the library I need to learn my research."

Paige's crying died down to sniffling. "First floor to the right of Head Mistress Thomas's office the last room of the school." Paige directed me.

"Ok thanks. Don't worry I'll find out who really did it! Believe it!" Paige laughed a little as I walked out the room and down the steps. As was walking down the steps I bumped into Chris. "Oh I'm sorry. For some reason I keep running into you."

"Yeah. Hey I heard about Kassie and Paige."

"Oh really. I was just on my way to the library to see what I can find that proves Paige didn't do it." I said as I was about to leave but stopped when he tugged my arm.

"Wait. Can I come." He said as though he were concerned.

"Sure you can help me find out where to begin." I said as we walked down the spiral staircase. When Chris and I got to the library I stopped by at the desk.

"Good evening Ms.Johnson and Mr.Collins how may I help you?" Mrs.Williams the librarian said.

"Um... I'm looking for blood sucking or blood draining creature books. Where would that be?" I asked hoping she could help. This was a huge library and I wouldn't know where to start.

"Over there in that corner by those desks there." She said as she pointed the the left corner of the room.

"Thanks"

"Your welcome."

As Chris and I examined the books on the shelves we picked out a few that looked helpful and then sat down. I opened up the book and and flipped through the pages till I saw a page of a vampire. This vampire was sucking the blood of a girl maybe around 18 years old, however the neck wound looked bloody and messy. There was a caption above the picture that said vampires were messy eaters. I then knew this book was a good book, because Makaila's wound was clean.

As I set it in the check out pile Chris tapped my shoulder. "Look at this!" It was an image of L Ochio de dio hanging witches, and puncturing two holes in the necks of other people. It also had a caption that said "L Ochio de dio used wooden stakes to puncture to wounds in the neck of their victim and drain the victim's blood." When I looked at the picture a shiver ran up my spine. "Do you think it was L Ochio de dio who did it?" Asked Chris.

"It must be! Oh thank you thank you thank you!" I said as I kissed Chris in the cheek. I had a feeling he was blushing but I didn't, because I just ran as fast as I could to my dorm.

When I got to my dorm Paige was sitting on her bed with her hands covering her face, and she was crying. When She moved her head to look at me she had a round blue, and black circle around her eye. I then realized What had happened.