Chapter 12: Tutto Andrà Bene Questa Volta

A couple of weeks had passed since Lia and Copia found out about the baby. The two had been keeping things very close to the chest but soon it would be obvious and the time was coming for them to let the rest of the abbey in on the secret. Lia had stopped working in the garden, per Copia's request. He didn't want her staining herself and had been practically falling all over himself making sure she didn't lift a finger. It might have been obvious to everyone who knew what they were looking at but he didn't care.

Of course the moment they knew, Copia being the proud father-to-be, he was ready to tell the world but Lia not so much. She wanted to wait until things were more assured. Nothing was promised and just like before, this could all end in a flash. A haunting prospect that linger in the back of her mind at all times.

She was frightened, finding it hard to enjoy her pregnancy. The nausea, now deciding to rear its ugly head, was getting harder to hide. She had almost succumbed to her nausea during mass that morning and she was sure someone must have noticed. Copia reassured her that things were going to be ok and that they should share the news.

"I know you are nervous to tell anyone... I understand but we will have to let them know soon, caro. There are things we must do, remember?" Copia reminded her. Lia knew he was right but she was so worried about everything. She needed to relax, but it was all still so new, she had not even known about it until recently. Copia was right now she was over 12 weeks pregnant, beyond the typical danger period. She knew her Papa was ready to tell everyone and anyone who would listen. She felt like it was cruel to keep him from doing so just because she had her own issues.

"I know, I know... I just-ok... You're right we should say something. I just don't know how they will react. Your father and brother wanted me out of the picture and now they're stuck with me... not sure that's gonna go well..." she started, biting her lower lip, a nervous reflex.

"They were always stuck because I was never letting you go, Lia." Copia said, giving her a squeeze from behind and then resting his hand on her swell of her belly, which was now becoming more describable.

"Ok well... I don't think I wanna set up a meeting...can't we just like, tell them individually. I don't wanna have them all staring us down at once. I want to tell Primo first."

"I am ok with this." Copia smiled delightedly as he traced his fingers across her belly. Excited that he may soon feel little stirring of their child within her. "Little Topolino, we go tell your uncle about you now, yes?" He said, turning his gaze at Lia.

"Ok..." Lia laughed, cupping Copia's face in her palm. "We can go now."

Copia and Lia made their way out to the garden. They knew Primo would be there singing to the plants and enjoying the warmth of the day. They were right, there he was in the back sitting at his usual resting spot. He saw them approaching and stood, almost like he was expecting them.

"Primo! So good to see you." Copia said, as he and Lia approached him. Primo nodded at Copia and looked to Lia, taking her hand in his.

"So good to see you three as well." he replied with a smile and giving Lia a hug. Both Lia and Copia looked at each other. Did they hear him right, did he say three?

"Uh..." Lia started but Copia finished.

"Did you... say three?" he asked, wondering how he could even know.

"Yes, I did." Primo said with a smile. He motioned for them all to sit down. Lia blushing and Copia sporting a huge grin on his face. "I have known for some time now, though, I assume, not as long as the ghouls." laughed Primo.

"Well no...they always seem to be the first to know. That is also why we have been keeping her from working as of late." Copia laughed. Primo went to touch Lia's belly, glancing at her first for her sign of consent. She nodded and Primo smiled, feeling her small bump and the warmth radiating from the child's energy within her.