64. Goodbye

Author Pov:

Everyone was looking at Jimin and Yoongi and the beautiful thing that just happened between them. The guards couldn't understand why Jimin would want to stay because most of them didn't know about soulmates as well. Only a couple of angels were left who knew what happened years ago. Time passes differently in heaven and hell so a lot of time passed since the incident back then. While everyone was still focused on the two boys, Taehyung turned his attention towards Jungkook who was standing there holding his hurting arm while looking up at the devil.

 While everyone was still focused on the two boys, Taehyung turned his attention towards Jungkook who was standing there holding his hurting arm while looking up at the devil

Taehyung took a step closer and took Jungkooks arm to check his wound himself. It wasn't that bad anymore. He was glad because that meant it was going to heal and won't leave any scars. He will be alright. Expect for the scars in his soul and heart. Taehyung was feeling so guilty.
"If there would be a way to turn back time, I would. There are so many things that I would do differently and maybe so, you would also consider to stay with me. If I could only somehow make it up to you then I would treat you like the angel you are. I would be someone you dreamed of." He told Jungkook while massaging the spot where Jungkook was rubbing his hurting arm. Jungkook didn't know how to react. He was still under shock. He managed to take a deep breath a stood straight before Taehyung to talk to him.
"Taehyung. I am really thankful that you helped me out. Thank you for saving my friend and me...I really should hate you after everything that you did to me but for some stupid reason I can't do that. I can't hate you and it breaks my head because if I was completely honest with myself, I would want to stay with you as well. But what you did is unforgivable so I need to go back. I need my life to become normal again. Just like it used to be." Jungkook told Taehyung who lowered his head upset but he understood. He understood that Jungkook wanted everything to end and that included leaving him.
"I understand now why you were so worried about your friend. If you have someone who you would die for and the other person would do the same then it is really precious. It's not always good to just be for yourself I know that now. Sometimes you need someone to just simply talk to. Thank you for teaching me this." Those words leaving Taehyungs mouth left Jungkook with a broken heart. He stepped closer to the devil and took a hold of his hand.
"Maybe some other time, in another life, we will be able to meet again and start new. Differently." Jungkook gave Taehyung a small smile and Taehyung forced a smile as well even though he was really sad. He tried to make it easier for Jungkook. Hesitantly but Jungkook slowly steps closer to Taehyung and placed his arms around Taehyungs body. It takes the devil by surprise and he doesn't know what the right thing is to do or say. All he could do was stand there straight without moving a muscle and let the angel do whatever he wanted.
"I will miss you." Taehyung suddenly said and in that moment, Jungkook let go of him. He looked away blushing and tried not to let it be seen to much. He couldn't admit to himself that he would miss Taehyung as well but that was the truth. He would very much miss Taehyung. He turned away and faced Jin who was holding something in his hands. He looked at it closer and his eyes widened. Those were his wings. In a really small form but still his wings. He would have recognized them any time. Jin smiled at Jungkook brightly and held his hand out.
"I believe these are yours." He said and Jungkook held his hand out. Suddenly his wings flew up and they grew as big as they were before, if not even bigger. They flew behind him and he removed his shirt excited. He held his arms out and the wings attached to him and melted together with his back. It hurt a little bit he didn't care. He had his beautiful wings back.

His happiness was very much visible on his face

His happiness was very much visible on his face. He could see Taehyung smiling happily and Jungkook also smiled at him before he flew up and turned a couple of times in the sky. It felt amazing to be able to fly again. He felt free.
"It's time to go everyone." Jin said and Jungkook landed on the ground again. He stepped closer to Jimin and gave him one last big hug.
"This isn't goodbye. We will meet again." He said and Jimin held him tightly. He didn't want to leave him but he knew that it was the right thing to do. Jimin was happy with Yoongi. The two boys let go of each other and Jungkook turned over to Taehyung.
"Take care of yourself. Don't forget I can feel everything." He said what made Jungkook smile a little.
"Let's go." Jin said and a cloud walker appeared from nowhere suddenly. The door opened and they all got inside. Jungkook was the last one. After one last look, he also stepped inside and sat down right next to the window. Jimin and Taehyung didn't move an inch. They waited until the cloud walker was nowhere to be seen anymore. The smile faded of Taehyungs face right away and the sadness hit him.

 The smile faded of Taehyungs face right away and the sadness hit him

He lowered his head and held his hand up to his forehead frustrated. Yoongi placed an arm on his shoulder.
"You did the right thing." He said.
"I know." Was all Taehyung answered and they slowly mad ether ways away from the place they said goodbye and decided to go back to Yoongis place until they find a better place to stay at. Jimin felt something weird behind him and as he looked back, he could see his wings becoming smaller and shortly after they completely disappeared. His halo as well. He looked over to Taehyung and Yoongi who were also staring at their own back as well as his dark grey wings wanished into thin air. They became normal humans. Life turned normal for them. Meanwhile the angels already arrived back in heaven and a huge ground was waiting for them excited. They stepped out of the cloud walker and Jungkook walked behind the guards awkwardly because he didn't know what he was supposed to say. Were they mad at him or happy to see him again? He had no idea what to expect. Suddenly J-Hope jumped out of nowhere and threw his arms around Jungkook.
"Jungkook you are back! I can't believe! Why are you bleeding?! Where is Jimin?! Is everything alright?!" He was yelling really fast and Jungkook couldn't even follow. He slapped his hand to J-Hopes mouth to shut him up.
"Hobi, there is a lot of things we have to talk about. You will never believe me what I have been through."...