Chapter : 29

VOTE | COMMENT

The first step in love is a journey of magnificent discovery and significant connection. One must take a brave step into the unknown where vulnerability and hope are intertwined. 

We discover a harmony so magnificent that it eternally vibrates throughout the chambers of our souls by embracing the unknown, daring to trust the blossoming song of death and life.

The room was dimly lit, with the gentle glow of dark clouds peering through the curtains and in the distant rumble of thunder creating a chirping noise of chaos.

Harry groggily awakened, clutching his head as a terrible headache pounded behind his temples. He winced at the noise and pulled the covers tighter around him.

"Ugh, my head!" He grimaced.

As if on cue, a tremendous crack of thunder reverberated around the room, startling Harry. He sat up, his eyes wide, and looked around, trying to make sense of his surroundings.

"What's happening?" Harry panicked.

Suddenly, a smooth, velvety voice cuts through the chaos.

"Morning, Harry." 

Harry's eyes widened even further as he locked eyes with the source of the voice. 

.
.
.

There, sitting on a chair by his bedside, was Zayn. He was impeccably dressed in a dark green silk shirt with few of the upper buttons undone, and paired with perfectly tailored beige pants. He held a cup of coffee in his hand, a serene expression on his face.

"Z-Zayn? What... What are you doing here?" Harry stammered as he gave a suspicious look to Zayn.

"Saving you from the devil, my fiore. Thought I'd pay a visit to them." Zayn takes a leisurely sip from his cup, a small smile playing on his lips.

Harry's heart rushed as he noticed how effortlessly beautiful Zayn was. His gaze was riveted by the vampire's hypnotic presence.

"You better save me from yourself then." Harry said as he gave a side eye to Zayn. 

"Do you actually want to save yourself from me?" Zayn set down his coffee cup and rose up, approaching with ease and elegance towards Harry.

"Of- Of course-"

Harry stammered as he saw Zayn approach, his heart racing with each step. He tried to restore his composure by sitting up upright and covering his naked chest with the blanket. 

Zayn stopped beside Harry's bed, his gaze unwavering as he reached out and gently brushed a strand of hair away from Harry's forehead.

"How are you feeling? Did you feel any sense of energy flowing in you when you killed those monsters in the forest?" 

Harry's breath hitched at Zayn's touch. His cheeks were flushed with a mix of embarrassment and enchantment when he remembered how he was practically on Zayn's lap after defeating all the monsters with his unexpected rush of energy and how Zayn carried him in his arms all the way back to the villa.

"I-I'm tired and have a slight headache." Harry said while dodging Zayn's razor-sharp eyes.

"Well, you did a good job yesterday but you still have a lot to learn about controlling your powers. Now, let's get that headache sorted, shall we?" 

Zayn stood away making Harry feel a sense of loss, but he nodded grateful for Zayn's concern.

Zayn smoothly reached into his pants’ pocket and pulled out his phone. He pressed a few keys and held the phone to his ear. As he waited, he casted a glance at Harry, who was dozing off while swaying slightly.