Chapter : 21

VOTE | COMMENT

The room was filled with a warm sensation in the pleasant cold weather, as sunlight filtered through the thick drapes and casted a lovely glow throughout the room. 

A dull ache was pulsing through Harry's head and through his knee as he slowly opened his eyes. He attempted to remember what happened the night before as confusion and drowsiness crept in.

Harry shifted around on the bed, rubbing his head with his right hand while gripping his knee with the other.

Harry huffed and closed his eyes, attempting to recollect the event from last night. But as the memories began to flood back, Harry's eyes widened in shock. 

He recalled the horrifying encounter with the wolf, followed by Zayn's help and the sudden kiss on his lips. But perhaps more significantly, he remembered leaving the book on the roof amid the commotion.

Is it necessary for life to be so fucking complicated?

Harry slung his legs over the edge of the bed, forced himself to stand, and trudged towards the door, motivated by a combination of willpower and residual pain.

He stumbled briefly, his mind spinning, but the need to move forward drove him. 

"How can I be so careless?" Harry stumbled towards the door with his hand on the doorknob, he gasped in agony before stopping dead in his tracks. 

.
.
.

Silas was standing against the door frame. His long red hair flowed elegantly, and his pale, thin torso was exposed beneath a crimson robe, paired up with low-rise faded trousers. 

Harry felt a distasteful searing sensation coil in his core as he noticed Silas wearing Zayn's red robe.

Harry scanned him from head to toe as he saw the Equinox book gripped in Silas's grasp.

"Are you looking for anything, my precious Fiore?" Silas said, raising an eyebrow as he tightened his jaw.

Harry recalled Zayn calling him his "precious fiore" last night. His heart skipped a beat. He looked at Silas in the eyes, his mind buzzing with inquiries.

"Why do you have it?" Harry asked as he attempted to create some lies.

Silas watched intensely at Harry, but his face is indistinct. "The book? I see. I found it this morning on the roof" 

Harry felt a wave of relief and a hint of mistrust. "You found it on the roof? Did you read it?" He timidly approached Silas while keeping his eyes glued to the book in his hand.

"Don't worry, Harry. There was no damage to the book." Silas laughed gently, a twinkle of mischief in his eyes.

Harry started to become a little less suspicious and more cautiously curious.

"I will not accept that you are unaware of this book. Why did you bring it here?” Harry spoke strongly while giving Silas a wary look.

"Let's just say that I have a personal stake in this book. Harry, do not fret. Not that I'm here to take it from you. Actually, I'm astonished at how quickly you located the book. You showed great resourcefulness in getting it." Silas straightened up, adopting a serpentine stance.

"What do you mean?" Harry said with a grimace.

"As a sign of friendship and trust," Silas held out the book to Harry. "You own it, think of it as a sign of our—let's call it—mutual curiosity."