Chapter : 12

VOTE | COMMENT

Death is a subject that every artist loves to paint and it's a muse of every writer. 

Everyone acknowledges the grim reality, but not everyone loves it. While some people are hesitant to consume this bitter reality, others have already done so without the fear of this brutal truth. 

And Harry was very much involved with this sweet poisonous death.

Harry tossed the food plate on the floor and stood beside the bed. His breathing was uneven and his fists clenched at his sides, staring at Silas with wild, angry, red-rimmed eyes.

It was midnight, and he didn't give a damn if he was going to live or die. He wanted his sleep. He was too worn out to put up with otherworldly nonsense.

Yes, he surely knew his grandmother was a witch, but him– he doubted it.

Every light of the building, from the inside to the outside, was turned off. It felt like even the shadow wanted to hide from this dreadful place.

"I'm going nowhere. I will leave this place only when I’m ready to return home." Harry said, as he threw the clothes on Silas face.

Silas grabbed the linen and tossed it back onto the bed. "You've got trust issues, buddy. We're only taking a short excursion."

"Trust issues? I was literally abducted by you guys." Harry hissed as he gave Silas a repulsive glance.

"Well, you're still alive, so you can trust us," Silas said with a sweet smile.

"I almost died yesterday." 

"Yet you're still breathing."

"I want a gun." Harry declared, challenging Silas.

"You won't get a gun. You might shoot yourself."

"No, I want to shoot you."

"As long as you want to shoot me, it’s fine. But I can't give you a gun. You're too naive for that." Silas muttered as he typed something on his phone.

"Stop treating me like a fucking kid.” Harry said as he threw the pillow at him.

"Quit acting like one, then."

"Wow, really? What kid demands for a gun?"

"Human kids." Silas said, blowing fake kisses at Harry.

"You know what–" Harry was about to reply back, but he stopped as he saw Zayn leaning on the door frame and watching him with furious eyes.

.
.
.

His arms were crossed tightly over his chest as if he wanted nothing more than to strangle someone right at that moment. 

Harry could almost feel his own soul leave him and fly out of his body in an attempt to escape this demon gaze – a demon certainly of great beauty.

He mentally scoffed at his stupid mind addressing a vile monster as beautiful. Harry made a concerted effort to appear uninterested and unconcerned by Zayn's presence, but it didn't appear like he was succeeding.

His discomfort must have been visible on his face since Zayn's lips curled into a sarcastic grin before he started walking.

"Words and commands are not hitting you on the brain, squirrel?" Zayn said it with a clipped sarcastic tone. 

"I'm not here to follow anyone's command. You can kill me. I’m not afraid of you." Harry said while swivelling his head to the side to prevent making eye contact with Zayn.