Chapter : 03

^^^

Harry's look

VOTE | COMMENT

The dream was the same each time. A lovely, green garden with plenty of verdure and aromatic flowers surrounded him as he stood there.

The beauty of it was more than enough to temporarily take his mind off his surroundings even if he had no idea how he had gotten there.

He was surrounded by trees, and plants that appeared to be prospering out of them. Waterfalls flowing from mountains and butterflies surrounded him.

Because everything appeared to be so real, it felt as though he was standing on a cloud rather than on the muddy green ground.

He felt like an object from Coleridge's poetry.

He could see himself in the water, peering back at him with eyes that didn't quite look human but appeared to belong in an enchanted forest.

He took a long breath to calm himself before moving in the direction of the dark cave that he frequently saw in his dreams.

His bare feet were soaked in the lush, moist grass as he moved gently in the direction of the cave. He breathed deeply as he closed his eyes.

When he opened his eyes, he was startled to see a man standing in front of him wearing a crimson robe and concealing his face with a mask.

He attempted to reach out and touch the mask of this unidentified terror, but as soon as he got close enough, the masked man vanished.

Staggering back, he spotted the masked guy once more but this time, this unknown man was deep inside the cave.

Following the man, he entered the cave as darkness engulfed him.

Everything was completely dark. Dark enough to swallow all the light.

He strained his eyes and tried to focus his vision in the darkness before he noticed a red glow. He looked around wildly until he found the red robe of the masked man, burning like a phoenix on fire, under the duvet of darkness.

"What in the world?" He screams.

"Oh, this ought to be fun." The disguised man's voice out.

He instantly dropped to his knees with a thud as pain shot through his entire body and felt electric-like anguish rip through him. His chest heaved and he let out a scream as he saw the creature's sharp burning golden eyes looking directly at him and ran towards him.

.
.
.

He started to experience these disturbing recurring, unsettling déjà vu feelings that followed him to bed every night. It was something he could not forget and he was unable to shake its impact.

He slept for only about an hour, which didn't really relax him but made him more exhausted.

"Oh shit."

He sat up and looked at his clock to see it was afternoon already.

He got to his feet, stretched, and quickly cleaned up his shop, making sure the flowers were nestled neatly in the bouquet. He sprayed some vanilla mist in the shop and some on himself.

It was a small, quaint shop that he had opened this year after turning eighteen. It was his dream to open his own flower shop.

After ensuring that everything was in order, he hurried to the front door and set the open sign up in front of his business. Although he was aware that nothing required tidying up, he couldn't help but feel that something needed to be done.