Chapter : 26

VOTE | COMMENT

The journey of life intertwined with strands of hope and uncertainty. Amidst the appeal of new beginnings is a path to an unexpected finale, as each step carries the possibility of both fulfilment and unexpected endings. 

A cold breeze blew through the windows, sending shivers up Harry's spine as he cautiously opened his eyes.

The room was filled with cozy feelings, and the lovely morning air swept through the drapes, throwing a dark rainy blue tint throughout the stillness of the room. 

Harry couldn't help but think about his conversation with Zayn the night before. His thoughts kept returning to the words, weaving them into the vivid pictures that were playing out in front of him.

It had been an intriguing and slightly unsettling chat, full of murky secrets and unexpected disclosures.

A knock at the door startled Harry out of his reverie and brought him back to the present. 

He squinted, disoriented for a while, and called out, "Who is it?"

The door squeaked open, revealing George with a brand-new outfit and set of shoes in his hand.

"Lord Zayn has instructed me to help you, Harry. We have to depart for an important place. He gave me the order to get you a fresh set of clothes and escort you to the bathing quarters." George spoke quietly and with a tinge of desperation in his gaze. 

The mention of an important place grabbed Harry's interest, as he remembered Zayn telling him earlier night to be ready for tomorrow. 

He nodded, his questions buzzing through his head, but he knew better than to press the issue. "Please give me a moment to collect myself, and then we can proceed."

Harry turned to look at the two female servants who were with George when he entered the room. They wore matching mid-length black dresses with pristine white aprons knotted around their waists.

George, ever watchful to his master's needs, held out the clothes—a black shirt, black pants, and a pair of shiny black shoes.

A feeling of eagerness developed within Harry as he reached out to take the clothing from George. He thought about the voyage that lied ahead. He had a mix of excitement and trepidation.

"Thank you, George," Harry remarked, praising the servant's efforts. "Please let Zayn know I'll be ready soon.”

Harry was about to dismiss George after thanking him when the butler interrupted him with a forceful but polite voice. 

"I apologize, Harry, but Lord Zayn has explicitly instructed us to secure your safety. We have to insist on accompanying you to the bathing facilities."

Not used to such strict devotion to commands, Harry furrowed his brow. He thought about arguing, knowing he could get ready by himself. 

However, George's solemn expression persuaded him otherwise. Harry groaned and gave in after realizing how important George's requests were.

"Very well, George," Harry agreed, his voice tinged with disappointment, "lead the way."

George nodded, a satisfied expression on his face. The two female servants drew closer, keeping pace with Harry and George as they approached the bathroom.

.
.
.

Harry took a quick bath, the warm water relaxing his tense muscles. He returned to the room after drying himself off.