Chapter : 16

VOTE | COMMENT

Humans are inherently and structurally gullible. They ignore the truth as a fallacy and seek the pearl of lies, expecting that it will shine like the truth. 

They often swap the mysterious things under the carpet in hope to think no one is going to find it but they are oblivious that even the tick of the clock is as mysterious as one's individual life.

The drapes gently swished as the dark clouds swam in the ocean of a thundering sky, the rain falls loud yet quietly. 

A few stray raindrops struck the window pane and splattered audibly as they hit the wooden floor. Then the cloud began to abandon all raindrops, swishing the trees like wild hair.

Harry opened his eyes with his heart racing and pushed his hair back from his forehead. He hastily sat up leaning on the bedpost as the clouds gave out a thundering clap that caused all the windows to crash against the wall.

It took a couple of seconds for him to adjust to this havoc before he could react about the situation.

The room was hazy black, but the candles on the nightstands and table were lit, and all of the windows were slamming against the wall furiously.

Harry yawned and rubbed his eyes with his knuckles, squinting to get a better look at the wall clock.

It said 10 a.m.

He was shocked to see that it was not night, but rather late in the morning, despite the fact that everything appeared like night.

Harry sighed as he got out of bed and walked towards the window to close it.

He tried to close the window but the rain kept splashing his face. The glass was slippery and the breeze kept pushing on it so he turned his face away and managed to close the window that was near his bed.

Harry groaned deeply as he sat on the bed and watched the raindrops splatter on the window. It seems like all the raindrops were begging him to make them free from the window's confinement.

All the raindrops were trapped just like him.

He closed his eyes and wiped the dampness from his face with his t-shirt as he shivers in the frigid air.

"Can't even wake up like a regular human." Harry grumbled to himself as he ran his fingers through his unruly hair, which only served to make it stand up even more unkemptly.

He noticed he was wearing last night’s t-shirt and there was no sign of the demon inside the room.

Harry flinched as he remembered laying on top of Zayn like they'd known each other for decades.

He returned his gaze to the window, but got startled when the door burst open with a bang. 

.
.
.

George stood in front of him, dressed as a housekeeper and carried a cup of coffee on his tray. 

"You weren't taught how to knock by your master?" Harry muttered, rolling his eyes, as he got to his feet to take the tray from George and placed it on the coffee table.

"Thanks, I needed this." Harry took a sip from the mug while holding it with both palms.

"Jesus, Heaven! It's too good." Harry groaned and set the mug on the table after taking another sip.