Chapter 33: Pain

Author's POV

The alpha finally stopped crying, but his stern face was more scary now. There were no emotions plastered on his face. His hands squeezing the lifeless omega's body in his arms. He kept on kissing the top of Pete's head while shooing everyone who dares to come closer.

"Vegas!! Don't be a stupid, let them treat him," the ambulance arrived in few minutes after Kinn called their private hospital. The paramedics came with a stretcher to take the wounded omega to the hospital but Vegas wouldn't let anyone touch his mate.

"No! Get off!" He shouted to the nurse. Porsche tried to pull Pete away from the alpha but was pushed back.

"Vegas! If anything happens to Pete or the baby, I will kill you myself!" Shouted the beta.

"No, no, no they are fine. Right Pete? You promised to not leave me," he kissed the Omega's forehead as he pulled him further into his embrace. Kinn was truly shocked by Vegas' behaviour. He hadn't seen him so desperate before he was broken, but then he thought he would behave the same of Porsche was in Pete's place. Moreover, Pete was pregnant which makes everything twice as worse. Two lives are at stake. Kinn walked to the alpha as he placed his hand on Vegas' shoulder.

"Vegas, their need to treat Pete. He lost lots of blood, if you want him and the baby to stay alive then you need to let them treat him. Please," he requested calmly. He knows shouting at an alpha whose pregnant omega is wounded in his arms is not a good idea.

"Please sir, we need to take him to the hospital," the nurse requested. Vegas finally losened his arms around Pete, but kept holding his delicate hand not wanting him to go away. The omega was placed on the stretcher. His breathing was really slow.

Vegas got into the ambulance alongside with Pete's stretcher. The paramedics can only sigh looking at the alpha who cried again while resting his forehead on the Omega's palm. He seemee really wesk right now but he doesn't care less. It's like everyone around them doesn't exist.

"Why Pete? Why?" He sobbed as he placed his palm against the omega's cheek. "You made me get used to your comfort..  now... You can't do this to me Pete... Please stay strong," Vegas felt fingers moving against his cheeks. He widened his eyes as he saw Pete's slightly opened eyes.

"Veg..." The omega couldn't finish his sentence as he started gasping for air. "Ve..." He winced as his entire body pained due to his chest moving up and down to get as much air as possible.

"Doctor! Hurry up! Do something, he is suffering," shouted Vegas. The nuses shouted, " oxygen mask," before placing the mask on Pete. One nurse started pumping the air into the mask, while the other was trying to cover the wounds on the omega body.

"Pete, baby please keep breathing," Vegas carresed the sweaty forehead of his mate, while he kissed his soft palm. Pete's face was going pale real fast, making the alpha anxious.

"Please little one, I know you are tired. Just... Try a little harder for us... For the pup," he sobbed against the younger's palm.

"Vegas..." The omega muttered in between his breath. He tiredly move his hand to grab Vegas' and guided it on top of his lower abdomen. "We'll... be okay," he muffled the sound which was incomprehensible but the alpha understood him. He smiled a little before kissing Pete's forehead. "you'll be fine," Vegas muttered as he kissed the Omega's stomach where his heir resides. "Stay strong little one," he said against the belly.

"The patient is loosing consciousness again, keep talking to him," the nurse suggested. Vegas placed his palm against the omega's forehead, moving the long bangs away from his face. "Pete, look at me please," Pete closed his one eye while the other eye was still looking at the alpha.