Chapter 28: Fathers

Author's POV

Days went by as the couple were getting on well with each other. Vegas takes out his time to meet Pete as much as possible as the doctor suggested that pregnant omegas shouldn't stay away from their alphas. They wanted the marriage to happen as soon as possible so they could stay as close as possible. Vegas definitely loves the idea though poor alpha have to suffer from morning sickness every day. He also gives Pete his scented clothes which the omega uses to snuggle at night to fall asleep. Things are going smoothly for the couple.

But not for the old men who are craving for more and more power.

Today Gun has invited Vegas to his office in order to discuss some business. Vegas hates the idea. He wants to stay as far away as possible from his 'amazing' father.

"Pa-"

Vegas was immediately greeted with a stinging slap.

"You are a useless piece of shit!" Gun trembled in anger. He held Vegas' color who was looking at him with cold eyes.

"I want this fixed immediately or else I will kill that omega of yours," Gun warned.

"Pa! Don't try to drag Pete in this!"

"Oh... So now you dare to oppose your father for that whore!?" Another slap landed perfectly on the younger alpha's cheek.

"You've been distracted more than enough by him, now I'll do something about it," Vegas started to panic.

"Pa, Don't touch Pete!"

"Are you going against me for that brat?!" Gun greeted his teeth.

"All the investors backed away! Fucking hell!" The older alpha released Vegas' color and started rummaging everything in the room.

"I am sure Saengtham are involved in this," Gun said. Vegas looked at his father in confusion.

"Why would they do that Pa. Aren't you the one who was planning to take their asset?"

"And my plans are backfiring me! Those bastards,"

"What do you think they did Pa?" Vegas asked out of curiosity.

"One of the narcotics investors said he can't trust us anymore so he withdrew everything and moved to those brats!"

"Listen Vegas, if they try to destroy our business, we'll use Pete to put them on line! Keep that stupid omega busy for now and he'll be useful some day," Vegas widened his eyes at his father's command.

"But-"

"Do as I say little boy or I'll be ready to drag Macau into this! Also, I'll make sure your spineless mother will suffer,"  Vegas shuddered under his father's gaze after which Gun left the room.

Vegas sighed as he collapsed on the near by chair. He held his hair and started pulling it out of frustration. His father never hesitates to target his Achilles heel. Pete has become his another weakness. He doesn't know what he'll do without that young omega, one who always comforted him when his father lashed out at him.

No.

He can't let anything happen to Pete and his pup. He has to protect them from his father's evil intensions. No matter what. He'll protect everyone. Suddenly his phone rang, pulling him out of his reverie.

"Hello?"

"Hey," said the alpha, tired. Hearing his Omega's voice made him feel better though.

"Are you okay? You sound... Bit off," his omega, who can sense everything. Vegas closed his eyes and let out a sigh of relief. Pete was the best thing that happened to him. He can't imagine his life without him. Not just him, but Macau and Siena has already grown fond of him. They really love him.