Chapter 9

HAZEL P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning, tired and weary. I had stayed up half the night listening to covers on the internet. It was a Sunday morning and I had to go to rehearsal for Henry Danger.

Maybe just one more minute, I thought, resting my head on the pillow and turning off the alarm.

"Hazel," my mom walked in, "it's time to get up. Rehearsal is in an hour and a half, and I need to drive you."

"Ugh, mom, one more minute."

"No, honey," she said, "you wanted to further your career. It's time to get up."

"Fine," I said, throwing the covers to the side and sitting up. I stretched my arms and yawned, "mom, a little privacy."

"Alright," she said, "I'm making pancakes for breakfast."

"Kay mom," I said as she left the room and closed the door. I looked in the mirror. My hair was a mess. I brushed my hair, singing "Dear Future Husband", and left it in a naturally wavy state. I changed out of my PJs into a light green tank-top and jean shorts. I put on some pink lip gloss and a light shade of mascara. I put on some blush and walked downstairs.

"Hey, honey," my mom said, "how was your sleep?"

"Fine," I lied.

"Are you ready for rehearsal?"

"Yep, I was practicing while I was brushing my hair."

"That's good," she said, "Hazel, it looks like there's something on your mind. Wanna tell me what it is?"

"I'll tell you in the car," I said.

"Okay, sweetie."

I finished my pancakes. I put on my sneakers and walked to the car. I sat in the front and turned on the radio.

"So," my mom started, pulling the car out of the driveway, "what has been on your mind?"

"Well, mom," I started, biting my lip nervously, "you know how Noah and I broke up."

"Yes, I know," she said, "I'm sorry, sweetie."

"It's not a big deal," I said, "because I'm in love with someone else.... we're kind of boyfriend and girlfriend now."

"Well, I'd like to meet this guy," my mom said, a little concerned.

"You already have," I said, "he's really sweet and funny. He has blonde hair and beautiful brown eyes. He's always been there for me."