Chapter 7

JACE P.O.V.

I couldn't stop thinking about the look on Hazel's face. She was heartbroken. I don't know the whole story, but I heard someone shout, "YOU KISSED HIM?!" I turned around where everyone was looking and saw Noah screaming at Hazel.

The reason I kissed her? I liked her. I always have. I know, SUPER cheesy. I thought that... in that moment.... I dunno. Maybe she liked me back.

"Mom, dad," I said, "I gotta go to the bathroom."

"Sure, honey," my mom replied.

I went into the bathroom turned on my phone, playing a few games. I had to get my mind off Hazel. I could never talk to her again. It's all my fault that Noah left her. What kind of a best friend am I?

HAZEL P.O.V.

I ran as fast as I could to Lillian's house, even though it was pretty far away. Luckily, I wasn't wearing heels.

I got to Lillian's house and rang the doorbell.

"Hey, Hazel," she said, "what are you doing here?"

I turned around and looked at her.

"Woah, Hazel!" she exclaimed, looking stunned, "your makeup is dripping... you... were you crying?"

I nodded my head.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Oh my gosh, yes!" she said, opening the door for me.

"Thanks," I said, walking in with no emotion.

"Come on," she said, "let's go up to my room. No one's there."

We walked upstairs to Lillian's room and sat on her bed.

"What happened?" she asked.

I tried to answer. I opened my mouth trying to speak, but nothing came out. I kept trying to say something... until I burst into tears.

"Oh my god!!!! Hazel!!!!!" Lillian shouted, hugging me.

"Noah left me!!!" I cried.

"That piece of crap left you?!"

"Well, I..." I stuttered, "I left him first."

"WHAT?! But you love him!"

I shook my head.

"No," I said, "I don't love him."