Chapter 6

HAZEL P.O.V.

Friday night.

I hear a beep coming from my phone. I pick it up and look at the text from Noah.

N: Hey babe.

Me: heyyyyy!

N: are we still on for the date 2night?

Me: Ya, totally.

N: Great.... I need 2 talk 2 u.

I opened up my closet and pulled out a dress. I tried to make it nice and simple, but also appropriate for a date.

I decide to go with my favorite dress. The top of the dress is black and lacy. It shows a tiny part of my stomach. The skirt of the dress has floral print on it, mostly pink flowers, with a black background.

I walk over to my make-up mirror and put on some shimmery, pink lip gloss. I put on a tiny bit of pink blush. I then add mascara and a light shade of pink eyeshadow. I don't usually wear pink, but today I was in a bit of a "girly" mood.

I picked up a small purse and put in my lip gloss, my phone, deodorant and my wallet.

I headed downstairs and poured myself a quick glass of water.

"Aw, sweetie," exclaimed my mom, "you look beautiful!"

"Thank you, thank you!" I said, curtsying.

My mom chuckled.

"Where am I driving you?" she asked.

"Oh, me and Noah are meeting at that cool buffet down by Cherry Blossom Park."

"Oh yeah," my mom said, snapping her fingers as if she was thinking, "it's called... um... 'A Curtsy In Every Meal'. I know exactly where that it."

"Thanks, mom."

I slowly finished my water. I wasn't avoiding Noah, but I wasn't in any rush to see him after the "incident" that happened in school the other day.

If you don't remember, me and Jace had kissed. It was an accident, though. I never meant to... I would never mean to break Noah's heart. I just got caught up in the moment when I found out I got the part. Luckily, Jace and I both agreed that it didn't mean anything.

Was it... it was either the next day or the day after that when Noah took me by the waterfall by the school and told me he loved me. I didn't know what to say back.... I didn't know if I loved him back or not. What I know is that I ran away and I haven't seen Noah since.