Stranded in an Unfamiliar Place

Start from the beginning

Yeah right on the TV screen there she was Saniya. I hadn't seen much of her since high school, which is weird because she's the daughter of arguably the most powerful man in Vermont.

Still, I was sorta happy to see her in a way that was until I noticed the man next to her. The smile that had been starting to form on my face instantly vanished in a mere second.

Next to her, a handsome man whose face looked like it was chiseled by some Greek sculptor stood. He was an entire foot taller than her and was dressed in the same elaborate white clothing she was.

I can't hear what they're exactly saying but I can see from the smile spread across Saniya's face that she is happy.

She says a few more words that I still can't hear and holds her hand up to the camera. On her finger sits a ring almost as glamorous and beautiful as her. The light from the ring reflects in the camera like a stolen piece of the sun.

It matches her beauty so perfectly that anyone would think it was made in her likeness. I become so mesmerized by her and the ring that I completely forget about the presence of the man next to her until he suddenly grabs her waist and whispers something in her ear.

He pulls her into a side hug and then uses his other hand to grab one of her boobs while the hug. I wasn't there but I could feel the tension coming off them.

God, I wish I could jump through the screen, chop off that hand, and make him eat it. Who was this man? Who did he think he was to be touching my Saniya like that?

As I sat there I watched them some more, soon enough I put one and two together and figured it was some kind of engagement celebration. Saniya was getting married and it wasn't to me that rich douchebag had her. Touching her like that in the ways I wanted to. Kissing her...hell probably fucking her.

Just thinking about Saniya bent over in bed for another man. Fuck. It should be me she belongs to me anyway. She was supposed to be mine after everything she put me through she was supposed to be.

If they're getting married does that mean she'll have his kids? I roll my eyes at the thought. 5 Kids, me and hers that was supposed to be the plan. I even chose names and thought about what house we'd live in.

But there she was out of reach drinking champagne with some other man like some kind of slut. While I go thirsty on the side of the street.

I look up at the screen and watch closely as drops of champagne make their way from the glass to Saniya's lips and how as they did every now drop on her chin like she was trying to seduce me. Tempt me even.

I watched with greater thirst as they both brought champagne to their lips and drank. When the liquid made its way through Saniya's mouth with each gulp, she took, I felt something inside me stir. I can't stop my mind from imagining Saniya down on her knees begging me...I should probably stop.

I find it in me to make my way back inside the store. Pretending to throw away the wrapper for the donut I quickly focus in on the screen.

" Thank you, everyone," Saniya says, still smiling, " I would love to have all my classmates from high school and college at my and Eric's engagement dinner next week."

I pause for a few seconds, confused. Does that mean I'm invited too? Did she forget what she did to me...or is she still playing another one of her little games?

Saniya's POV

A WEEK LATER

Randolph's Residence in Barbados