Chapter 3!

"W-what?"

(YN) took as step back from Sana and the baby she held in front of her. All she wanted to do earlier was take care of the baby in the meantime. Now, she suddenly wanted to keep the baby, with them, in their apartment.

"What do you mean by 'what'? You heard me!" Sana exclaimed.

"Yes but, out of all the places why here? What made you suddenly want a kid?" (YN) said deeply, his composure returning.

"It's a much better place than an orphanage, is it not? All we have to do is to sign the letter then he's basically ours! It'll be fun, trust me!"

Sana glanced at the paper in (YN)'s hand. She shrugged her shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Sana, raising a child is anything but fun. If you do decide to keep him, you will have to dedicate some of your salary for his needs."

Sana broke off her gaze towards her housemate. She couldn't give him an answer. With her already modest salary, she couldn't think of spending less on the things she loved.

"If you provide him, milk, diapers, clothes, and other things a child needs, that's already a quarter or even half of your salary per year. So, I advice you to think this through." (YN) continued explaining in a monotonous tone, his working side seeping through.

Sana completely looked away from (YN)'s direction, choosing to focus at a white wall their apartment hand to think.

She completely forgot that her housemate was an accountant and he dealt with finances all the time. She pulled back her arms and held on the baby tight.

It was a good thing that the baby has been quiet throughout their conversation regardless of it being fully awake. She turned her head towards the baby and glanced at its wide eyes.

It had no understanding about what they were talking about so all it could offer her was a smile. Sana almost couldn't prevent herself from squealing of joy from the naivety of the infant.

She realized quickly that if she doesn't answer (YN) anything then he would've gotten the upper hand in their conversation. After a wave of baby fever washed over her, she caught an idea out of nowhere.

"If he's gonna live here, then you have to take care of him too!" Sana rebutted, giving (YN) a smirk filled with complacency. It was only right that he would also look after the infant if she decided to keep it.

"We both have jobs and decent salaries so the baby's needs shouldn't be that big of a deal. And if I'm at work, someone has to look after him." Sana continued.

(YN) sighed to himself. It seemed like nothing could get through to Sana. He stayed silent and just continued to look at his housemate with an unfazed look.

"Are you really going to say no to this bundle of joy? I didn't know after all these years that you would rather leave a child outside in the cold dark world instead of keeping it in a warm ho-"

"Alright, fine! The baby can stay!" (YN) cut Sana off as he raised his voice. Sana's smirk grew into a full grown smile, knowing that she got the better of the man.

A lot of people couldn't get through his stoic walls, many have tried and failed but there was one person who could pierce through effortlessly, Minatozaki Sana.

During their college days, Sana figured out a weakness of his. She noticed that he did not like being accused for being something he was not.

She played dirty at times despite her usually smiley and nice attitude. Sana used this newly discovered weakness to have her way on things.