Castiel frowned. "I was never in your-" Dean gave the angel a look. "Have you made any progress in locating Eve?"

"We were gonna ask you about that," Bobby replied.

"No, I've looked, but she's hidden from me. She's hidden from all angels."

"Awesome," Dean muttered.

"You know, what we really need is an inside man," Sam told them.

"What do you mean?"

"Something with claws and sympathy."

"Like a friendly monster?" Sam and Elena shrugged. "Those are in short supply these days, don't you think?"

"Sure, but we've met one or two, right?"

"Maybe."

"So we can find one."

Time went by. Bobby paced with a book. Conor sat on the couch with a book. Elena sat with Sam. Suddenly, Castiel appeared with Lenore.

"Lenore," Sam called as she tried to run. "Wait, wait, wait, wait. Hey, hey. Lenore, stop. Look, we're happy you're here."

"My name's Lenore. I'm not gonna hurt you," Lenore told Sam as she showed her fangs.

"Been a long time," Dean said. "You remember us?"

"I remember," Lenore replied. "Your hunter friend almost killed me."

"Well if it makes you feel any better, uh, he turned into a vampire and I chopped his head off," Sam told her.

"Yeah. With razor wire," Dean added. "Wicked."

"Well, that's something," Lenore said. "What's going on? Why am I here?"

"Well, um, that's Cas." He pointed to Castiel. "He's our friend. And we need to talk to you. About Eve."

"Eve? I have nothing to say about Eve."

"You sure about that?"

"I'm trying to stay away from her, believe me."

"Where's your nest?" Sam and Elena asked.

"Gone. They couldn't fight it anymore. It's her voice, in our heads. What it does to us. So they left. Started killing again."

"But not you."

"Don't look so impressed. I was hiding in a basement. Not exactly Club Med. You don't know how hard it is - not to give in. Everyone gives in."

"All right, so this psychic two-way you've got going, does that mean you know where Mom's camped out?" Dean inquired.

"You've got to be kidding me. You want me to tell you where she is? You do know she could be listening to us right now. I might as well be a video camera. What are you thinking?"

"So we don't have the element of surprise, we're still going in," Bobby said.

"You're crazy. I can't help you."

"Can't or won't?" Sam questioned. "Look, it's clear as day. You still give a crap. You don't wanna kill. And don't want this whole planet dead."

"You actually believe you can stop her?"

"Just tell us where she is."

"Grants Pass, Oregon. And now she knows you're coming."

"Well let's go see," Bobby and Elena said.

"Hold on. I didn't tell you this out of the goodness of my heart. I need something."

"What?" Sam asked.