Chapter 20

6 months later...

My life has literally changed. I no longer live in fear of my parents finding me, since they're either dead or in prison for life. I'm still living with Kelly, and things are going well. We've become best friends. Today, we have custody. Only, there's something 51 doesn't know. Today is my birthday. That's right, February 17. Right now, I'm in the car with Kelly, and we've just arrived at the firehouse. We just got out of the car, and we're heading for the firehouse. When we arrive, I see a banner, and I immediately think they know it's my birthday. My theory is confirmed when everyone comes out of nowhere and shouts:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!

I can't describe how surprised I am. So I say: Thank you all so much, but how did you know?

CB: Well, as your boss, I have access to your file. So I went to find out when your birthday was, because nobody knew.

L: Now everything's clearer. Anyway, I'm very happy.

K: Ah, but it's not over yet. Tonight, you're coming to Molly's. That's non-negotiable.

L: Okay.

The day passes, and evening has already arrived.

At Molly's...

Casey POV

The party's just started, and all 51 are there except Kelly and Logan. Intelligence and Med are there too. Hermann is pouring me a beer when I hear Mouch say: "Where are the twins? Suddenly, everyone is celebrating when the door opens. So Hermann says: Ah, here are the twins. And more importantly, our guest of honor Logan AKA Miss Birthday. Everyone laughs when Hermann says this. At the same time, it's Logan's birthday, and Kelly and Logan are so similar and inseparable that they're called twins.

Logan POV

When we sit down at a table, I take the time to look around and see everyone. Then the door opens again, and I see Carlos, Alejandro, Alvaro, Pablo, Oscar, Mateo, and Juan coming into the bar. They head straight for me, and give me a hug.

O: Princess?

Yes, they always call me that. Over time, I've come to accept the nickname.

L: Yes?

O: We've all given you a present, and I hope you like it.

He gives me a present. I open it and see a little necklace that's so cute. I shed a tear, look at them 

and give them a hug.

(A/N: The necklace in question)

L: I love it. Thank you so much!

ALE: We wanted a gift that you could keep for the rest of your life. So we chose this necklace to show you our unconditional love.

L: Thank you so much! Dad, can you please hang it up for me?

P: Of course. 

He hangs it on me.

I turn around and see that everyone's turned toward me.

LH: We've got another present.It's not much, but we hope you like it.

He hands me a present, and when I open it, I see a large photo frame.In it, I see lots of photos with everyone. I start to cry.

L: Thank you so much.You can't imagine how happy I am to have you all here with me, and you're spoiling me too.Everyone gives me a hug when Capp says: Speech, speech, speech. And everyone says it over and over until I agree.

L: I'm not really good at making speeches, but I'll try.All my life, I thought family was by blood, until I met the guys when I took care of them, because yes, I was a little girl who always wanted to help people. From that day on, they took care of me, and I realized that I had a first family who loved me for who I was. Then I met my other family, all of you.And honestly, I'm happy to have crossed your paths, because you've all become my family, and so much so that Kelly has become my twin. 

Everyone laughs.

L: But I'm also grateful because, despite my past, you've welcomed me with open arms.So a while ago I realized that family isn't just blood, it's also heart, and I'm glad you all consider me family.

Everyone claps and hugs.

My family is here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone,

I hope you enjoyed this story.I'm so happy with the ending.

Bye!