Chapter 9

Severide's POV

WH: Guys, Logan is in a coma. Unfortunately one of the bullets did a lot of damage. We don't know if she'll wake up. Logan's life is in his hands.

LC: Thank you Will.

LS: Can we go and see her? I thought if she felt surrounded, maybe she would feel better...

WH: That's a great idea. Come on, follow me.

We were gonna follow him when Chief Boden got here.

LS: Head

CB: Severide, how is she?

LS: She's in a coma, and one of the bullets did a lot of damage, so we have to wait now.

CB: Okay. I hate to tell you this, but we have to leave in five minutes. We can't skip this shift. Sorry.

LC: We understand, but can we at least get to her quickly?

CB: Yes, come on, let's go.

We follow Will until we get to his room. When we get there, we see her intubated, with wires everywhere and her, all white, with bandages.

5 minutes later...

CB: I'm sorry, but we have to go.

LS: Chief, can I stay with her please? I don't want her to wake up alone.

CB: That's good, but only you. The others, let's go.

When everyone is gone, I sit comfortably in a chair and fall asleep.

A few hours later, I wake up, and I realize it's already morning. I was going to get up and go to the bathroom when I see Logan starting to move. So I call Will.

When he gets there, Logan starts to wake up. Once Will finishes all his doctor stuff, he leaves, and I'm left alone with Logan.

LS: How are you doing? I know it's a stupid question...

D: No, it's okay, I'm fine. Shouldn't you be working?

LS: Yes, but I cancelled my shift to stay with you. The others stopped by, but they had to go...

D: Don't worry, I understand. Thanks for staying by my side.

LS: That's the best I could do. Maybe you want to see someone else. If you want, I can call Oscar and everything...

D: Don't worry. Anyway, you don't have their numbers...

LS: That's not wrong. (I say with a laugh) Hmm, what do you want to do?

D: I would have told you to get out of here, but I know it's impossible.

LS: Oh no, on this one, I can help you, but it would only be for a few hours.

D: Seriously?

LS: Yes. Just let me organize the details, and we can go.

D: Ok