Chapter 1

May's POV

"Hey Linda, when is mam and dad getting back from Egypt?" I asked swimming to the side of my indoor pool.

"I'm not sure May, they usually get back from their travels around the month of May for your birthday, then they go off traveling again" Linda my house maid explained.

"Why can't I ever go? Do they not like me?" I asked.

"Of corse they like you, your their daughter. That's why they always send gifts from where they are. Oh that reminds me!" she said walking out of the room then coming back 3 mins later. "This arrived about an hour ago, but I didn't think you would need to open it straight away so I was going to wait till you got out the pool." She smiled.

"Cool I'll get out now. Ah but the ladders are all the way over there. Linda help me out" I said reaching my hand up. She laughed and grabbed my hand pulling me out of the water and onto the side.

She handed me a towel and I dried my hands then she handed me the box, inside was a little golden glass pyramid with a little mummy figure inside, it was about the side of the palm of my hand. I picked the note up that was in the box and it said.

'Hey honey,
Hope you are ok, we are having a great time. See you in May we hope you like the present.
Love you mam and dad xx'

"Yeah I love the present but why couldn't I go with you guys" I whispered. Linda sat down beside me.

"Cheer up May. When they leave again for a different country in June, how about you go to Egypt? You have the code to the safe you could go anywhere" Linda says.

"Wouldn't I get told off?" I said looking up at her.

"No, your mam and dad don't take you because traveling it's funniest when you go with somebody you love, I don't mean family wise. If you go with family then they will most likely limit the things you can do while there" Linda said.

"That's why they don't take me?" I asked, Linda nodded. "But how would I limit them?"

"Well your 18 now but before now, you wouldn't be able to go into bars like they can or go into certain places like they can. I think you still can't go into them places, in some countries you have to be 21" she explained.

"I don't have friends though" I sighed.

Linda looked at me sympathetically. "I'm sorry May, I'm sure you will make friends. All you have to do is go out more."

"But I don't need a job so I can't meet people doing that." I said.

"You could go to the mall more I'm sure you could meet some friends in there."

"Ok I'm going to my room now, I'll go to the mall tomorrow, I need some more painting brushes anyways." I smile.

"Ok would you like me to bring you a midnight snack later?" She smiled.

"Your the best Linda" I smiled and walked up stairs and sat down at my laptop.

"Hum what to do, what to do." I thought as I opened the internet, a site called cleverbot opened on my screen. "Did I accidentally click this?" I asked myself.

I looked at the instructions and seen that it will talk to you so I started talking.

Cleverbot conversation:

"Hi" I started.

"hello"

"Are you a person typing or are you just a program?"