Chapter 18

Flashback ~
Everything was foggy and mysterious. Lucy had landed herself in a somewhat rural area with Damian besides her. "Cassie wait , it's dangerous to go out in the woods alone", a brunette girl said chasing after her. The girl turned around and Lucy was flabbergasted. "Aurora", she muttered loud enough just for Damian to hear. They followed the two girls into the woods. "No, Cassie! Wake up", Aurora cried, clutching Cassie for dear life. "Please wake up", Aurora cried for her sister. Cassie was dripping with her own blood. Aurora's  hands were covered with it as well as she cried. Suddenly a white aura took over the woods and everything was filled with nothingness again. Only Aurora's screaming could be heard. Another door appeared not to far away from Lucy and Damian. They hurriedly entered the room and was taken aback by the sight. Aurora was about to be beheaded and she...was. The girl died that day for something she didn't truly do. She didn't kill her sister, she was actually trying to protect her. The white aura returned and took them into the empty white space again. The next setting they were brought to was very familiar. It was an abandoned warehouse. A certain door was locked. Their ears were blinded by a screaming sound coming from the door. They tried to see from the inside, but they couldn't . They heard metal clanking and a sinister laugh. Lucy proceeded to touch the door. She traced over the door and was blown away by the wind, she landed on  tar concrete. She sat up and saw two woman. One was Aurora and the other was Harley Quinn. "I need you to look after her until i get back", Aurora said, holding a baby in her arms. The new born baby was wrapped in a pink blanket. "Treat her as your own daughter, don't mention me". Harley sighed, "Will you come back for her", Harley asked taking the baby. "I will", Aurora said. Aurora bid her goodbyes and thanks before leaving, only to never return. "She's my mother...",Lucy said. Damian wrapped his arms around her. "My life was a lie", she choked out. "What should i name you", Harley cooed to the baby. Then her eyes lit up like a light bulb. "How about Lucy, yeah you like that".
End of flashback ~
Lucy Pov
I opened my eyes even though it hurt like hell. "Your awake", a voice came from my right. My eyes fully opened and i glanced around the room. It was a cell, the same one i escaped from years ago. It had just gotten more filthier. I gazed at the woman who sat across from me. "Aurora", i said, anger building up inside me. "Well, i guess it's too early for you to call me mum", She said, chuckling. I rolled my eyes. "No where near time for that", i replied,"Since you know all about this disc thing, explain to me...everything", i asked. She sighed,"My mother had a power where she didn't age as long as she drank this plant, my sister and i have been drinking it for all this time", she began, but i cut her off. "Your sister Cassie is alive", i more of questioned. She nodded, "She is alive, but has a new identity. Victoria her name is now. Apparently she has a daughter named Vanessa. She attends Gotham Academy". "Have you tried communicating with her ". "I did, but she just pushed me away. She still thinks i killed her which i didn't", Aurora said. I frowned still confused. "Then how did you survive when they beheaded you". "I got resurrected with the Lazarus pit", she answered. Then i asked the question that i feared most. "Who is my Father?", i asked hesitantly. Aurora looked at me wide eyed. "It's still the Joker", She said, head hanging down. How could someone even...do it with the Joker. Who would want to? "I know what your thinking and i uh, it was forced...", she stuttered, playing with her fingers. I looked at her apologetically. He raped her. That fucking monster. She smiled at me weakly with tears in her eyes. She brought her hand up to her eyes and wiped it away. I was about to comfort her and ask her more questions, but a sinister laugh interrupted me. A loud bang echoed throughout the warehouse. Suddenly Harley Quinn, the woman i thought was my mother for so long stepped into the light. Right, behind her was the maniac known to be The Joker. "Watch them for me until i get back with some new toys", Joker said with a shit eating grin. Toys? Also known as torture weapons like the famous one. A crowbar. A loud bang signaled that Joker had left. "Hello Pudding, hi Aurora", Harley Said. She unlocked the cell and stepped inside. "So you have decided to side with the bastard that put me though so much trauma, not only me but Lucy too", Aurora said barely being able to stand up due to the beating Joker gave us earlier. "No, of course not! I'm working on it. I'm playing undercover so i can free ya", Harley said. She began unlocking my handcuffs that tied me to the wall. Once i was free, she did the same with Aurora. Just as i began standing up, a crowbar made contact with Harley's face. "Thought you could play me, huh?", Joker said, dusting his suit. He blew on his crowbar before smacking Harley with it again. I gasped, terror filled my eyes. I kicked him in the jaw, shaking from what he'll do to me. I tried to run away to get help, but he yanked me down by my hair. He began beating me again with his crowbar. I laid flat on my chest. I lifted my head and saw that Harley was knocked out, blood drooling out of her mouth. I didn't see Aurora. Did she leave me behind? I blacked out when the crowbar hit my head. Much to my dismay, the last sound i heard was Joker's sickening laugh.
Damian Pov
I have been searching all night for Lucy. I called her so many times, i left her a dozen texts. She's missing. I checked for her everywhere. All of Gothams footage had nothing. I searched every block for her. "We'll find her Little D", Dick said. "What did Selina say?", I questioned Dick. "Bruce said that she was at her house, but she left and now there's no trace of her", Dick said. "How could i not notice that she sneaked out", i said, brushing my fingers through my messy hair. "Don't worry, I'm sure we can-", Dick began, but i cut him off. "I can't not worry, she's missing!", i snapped exasperated. I shouldn't have let her out of my sight. "Damian, we're all looking for her, calm down", Father shook me. I sighed deeply. I couldn't calm down. "Maybe you should get some rest". I couldn't sleep. I couldn't rest until i knew Lucy was safe and snuggling up to me. I can't lose her, ever. Joker escaped from Arkham again, Lucy is traumatized from him. Now all this stress with her real mother and these powers. She must be so scared. The screen lit up and i looked at it like a lost Zombie. It was footage of earlier today. It was Lucy and...The Joker. She must be terrified if he has her. Oh no. My poor baby. I watched as he stuck a needle in her and vanished into a dark alleyway. I zoomed in on Lucy's face and she looked so scared. "I think i can help", a female voice came from the cave. I swiveled the chair around and gazed in the same direction as Father and Grayson did. "Aurora", i said bitterly. I stood up and marched towards her. "How could you just abandon Lucy like that", i snapped anger in my voice. "Your Lucy's boyfriend, aren't you", she questioned. "Who are you and what do you want", Grayson asked, standing besides me. "I am here to rescue my daughter", she answered. "Daughter?"Father questioned, his cowl was up now." Yes, i know where Lucy is. If your willing to help me find her that is". "Where is she", i inquired. "She could be lying, who are you", Grayson questioned again. I rolled my eyes. "Take me to her", i said. "No, Damian. How do we know to trust her", Father said, grabbing my arm. I pulled my arm away. "I will explain later, for now, let's kill this motherfucker of a clown", i said, drawing my sword. "Hey! He swore", Todd shrieked which hurt my ear drums. "Pay up demon", Drake laughed, bringing the swear jar on queue. I rolled my eyes and placed a dollar into the jar. There goes my 'moment' , which people seem to call it.
Hiya peeps. So the story has escalated. I hope you all understand everything now. I had so many plans for the plot, but i keep changing them. I'm starting a one shot book featuring Damian. So yeah that's it for tonight. Bye my lovely bats. 👋👋👋🤗

That is this book's cover, you can get a closer look