Chapter 3

Damian Pov
The sound of my alarm clock woke me from my sleep. Today was Sunday, meaning tomorrow i would have to put up with school and the imbeciles in it. I didn't get to visit Lucy last night because father thought it would be a good idea for Jon to patrol with me. Jon is superboy also known as Superman's son. He patrols Gotham with me very often. Good thing he is never on time, so i get to see Lucy before he patrols with me. I have known Jon for quite some time now, we seem to be best friends, but i would never admit that to him. A knock at my door fully awoken me. "Master Damian, breakfast is almost ready", Alfred called out behind the other side of the door. "I'll be down, Pennyworth", i replied. I got up and went to have a quick shower. I brushed my teeth and started dressing. My clothes consisted of a black jeans with a turtle neck and black high top takkies. I made my way downstairs to the dining room. I sat in my normal place next to Grayson. Alfred began serving the food and took a seat. I am glad Alfred eats with us. He is apart of the family and is more like a grandfather. " I wanted to discuss something with all of you", Father began speaking. "We will be having guests over for dinner tonight. I will not say this again, please be on your best behavior", Father said rather sternly. "It must be someone important than Bruce", Jason spoke up. "It is, Selina is coming over and she is bringing someone with her". I could see Jason wanting to make a silly remark, but was shut down by Alfred who sat next to him. "Who is she bringing?", Grayson asked. My mind kept on trailing of to Lucy. About our recent visits. I didn't bother about the conversation happening until Father revealed who Selina's guest would be. "Lucy Quinn as in The Joker and Harley Quinn's daughter, didn't she get adopted by a foster home", Drake said. "She did get adopted, but ran away. Selina found her and took her in, sometimes she stays with her Aunt Ivy. One of Selina's friends.", Father explained. "Ivy? Like Poison Ivy". "Yes, Selina has convinced me that Ivy has changed", Father finished. I still don't trust kyle. At least i had something to look forward too. Lucy will be attending dinner although she won't have the slightest clue as to who i am. We would be strangers to eachother. I trust her enough to tell her, but it comes with consequences. I don't want to endanger her more than she already is. Villains could use her to get to me or Batman. I don't want to put that stress on her. She is already dealing with so much.
Lucy Pov
I had woken up and got dressed after having a long well deserved shower. Selina was coming to pick me up from Aunt Ivy's apartment. Apparently tonight for dinner, i will be accompanying her to Wayne Manor. I was extremely nervous. What if they thought i was a monster because of my parents. What if they hate me. There was no backing out now. Selina already mentioned that i will be joining. Selina is friends with Ivy and my mother Harley. I sometimes stay with Aunt Ivy. I enjoy her company. My mother escaped from Arkham recently. Unfortunately the dark knight captured her again and locked her up. I would go to her jail cell and talk to her. She really is trying to change for me. I just wish people could see that. I opened my room door and proceeded down the stairs. I came to a hault as i heard whispering. I creeped closer so i was in earshot. I couldn't make out what they were saying. It's as if they stopped talking when i came. I sighed and made myself visible. My eyes immediately darted towards the tv screen which was playing the...news? "Hey Lucy..",Selina said approaching me. "What's wrong?", i question, confusion evident in my voice. "Joker broke out of Arkham", Ivy said. There was silence before i spoke again. "And you think he's gonna come after me?", i questioned, it came out more of a statement though. "That's not all, he sent a video threatening to find his daughter and finish what he started", Selina finished. "So he is gonna come after me", i practically panicked. "i know someone who can protect you", Selina chimed in. "And who might that be", Ivy said glancing at the tv again. "Bruce Wayne". "How is he going to protect me? Is he going to fill this apartment with surveillance and security", i questioned, beginning to pace around the room. "You'll understand when i take you there". What was i going to do? Joker is after me now. I couldn't help but feel scared of what he could do to me. I have no options but to agree with Selina. "Alright, let's see how he can help me".