Chapter 33

Indiana pov.

It was one of those days and NASA just got back with lunch. Everyone still has their paintball guns on them, and are fully loaded and ready to fire. We smiled at dad and Russia, as Ala and Tex joined them on the couch.

"Hey Dad, you seemed happier when you walked in, what happened last night?" NATO asked.

"I moved on, he can't do shit to me anymore." Dad replied simply. We cheered and ran over to hug him tightly, ultimately dragging him and Russia off the couch, resulting in a dog pile. We all started laughing and hugged them tighter.

"Alright kids, get up." Russia told us gently. We did as told and let them get, and back onto the couch as NASA came back with lunch. Once everyone was calmed down, he passed out the food. Once everyone was handed their food, they started eating happily.

"Stripes, it's your turn to pick a movie." Uncle Nada told Dad.

"Alright, Maple." Dad replied, and started flicking through the movies. "Out of the countries here, who is able to sit through a horror movie marathon?" Dad asked the other adults. They all agreed to the marathon and settled down in comfortable places, we noticed Brazil swap seats with Uncle Dixie and sat next to Dad before Russia picked him up and sat in between the Brazilian and Dad. We saw Dad smile and leaned into Russia's side, picking the nightmare before Christmas.

America pov.

As we watched the horror movie marathon, both me and Russ noticed Brazil's advances towards us. I noticed that the first movie had ended and I put it on Halloween. I watched as the kids started grinning maliciously. I chuckled slightly, Russia catching on to the kids smile.

"Meric, why are they smiling like that?" Russ asked.

"You'll see, this is arguably one of our favorite parts of days like this." I replied softly. We all focused on the movie when we turned out the lights so the screen could be seen better. I smirked slightly as Brazil curled up because of the dark and the movie. My smirk widened as I noticed Army in the corner just above the couch holding himself up, and a paintball gun in hand aimed at the Brazilian on the couch. I focused on the tv again, and nodded slightly, curling into Russ more. It didn't take long to hear the paintballs fly at Brazil, what made it better is that they were full of fake blood, and the kids took their positions quickly. Once the barrage ended and Army made his quick escape we turned the lights back on as the credits rolled on the movie.

"America what the bloody hell is going on?!" The brit asked in a slight panic. It took everyone a few minutes to notice that most of the kids were gone and that Ruski, Maple, Goldie and myself were gone as well.

Confederate pov.

I knew what North was plannin' so I 'cided to stay back while the kids finished settin' up their escape room prank. I was standin' in the corner waitin' for everyone to calm down 'nough to look 'round and notice that a lot of people were missin'.

"Confederate, where did Amerika and the others go, they were just here weren't they?" Germany asked. I noticed NATO in the corner giving me the go ahead. I made my voice monotone and robotic.

"You have been chosen to participate in the escape room challenge, there have been clues hidden across the property, the only places you can not go are the basement, America's room, and the attic as it was deemed unsafe in the last escape room. Everywhere else is open, there are also self locking doors with puzzles to solve. This is a mostly individual event with some team building exercises. Have fun, and be careful, as this escape room has a theme. I hope you were paying attention to the movies." I told them finishing the small introductory speech. I watched as the other countries gathered themselves and started looking around the kids that were playing dead, covered in fake blood, the Brazilian is shakin' in shock and slowly composed himself and started looking for the clue in this room as well. I was struggling to to not laugh at the current situation, everyone in here is stupid, the clue was in the speech, the kids knew it, and NATO is trying to to give herself away. I heard screaming from outside and knew that the next stage was ready. I saw France, Poland, Germany, Japan and the two Slavic nations huddlin' in a corner piecing the speech together seemingly getting the clue and were now hyperaware of the area, taking in every detail of the livin' room. They quickly made their way out of the room to look 'round more and found the first puzzle to solve. The pissy Redcoat and Brazil were still lost and decided to follow the others. I stiffly shook my head in disapproval and disappointment. I watched NATO follow them cautiously as per her order from UN. I walked off to where Union and the others are to join them as my part had been played and I needed to get in costume as well.

NATO pov.

I'm following the other countries to make sure that peace is maintained throughout the escape room, once everyone had their backs turned Uncle Dixie made his way out and to where Dad is so he could get his costume on.

"Japan, can you pass me that piece there?" France asked her.

"Yea, here." Japan replied, handing France the piece in question. Once they had completed the map of the property, with the forbidden rooms not marked on the map.

"Where to first? I heard screaming from outside, should we check there?" Germany asked the small group. I leaned on the wall until they decided to walk outside and see the horrific scene my siblings made. 'I hope you're proud Dad, this took us 30 minutes to fully flesh out and less than 5 hours to build.' I thought smirking slightly as I followed the group out. I watched Brazil stray off immediately and walk into the woods, the Brit stayed with the group, watching them. 'If Brazil wants to wander, let him, it's his funeral.' I thought smugly, knowing that dad is hiding in the forest for the next stage, sniper in hand. It's a pellet sniper so it won't kill anyone but it hurts like hell on the receiving end. Australia and New Zealand had played dead with my siblings in the living room finding it fun not to participate like the others and are currently helping set the living room up for later in the escape room. It didn't take long of Brazil being missing for Dad to start shooting at him and the group with the sniper, mostly focused on Brazil as his screams filled the forest completely. I giggled softly to make sure I wasn't heard. We did this for a while, once we got to the last stage, which was a haunted-ish house, and a corn maze. I had made sure to inform Germany and Poland that they could not fly over the maze, and that it had to be done on foot, to be careful of traps and to watch out for anything of suspicion. They nodded and made their way through the maze and to the house, everything was going according to plan and the jump scares were perfectly timed and well placed. Dad and Russia played their parts beautifully and scared the other countries shitless. Once the escape met it's conclusion, NASA rang the dinner bell and we went inside to eat and continue the movie marathon.

"Thanks for getting dinner NASA." We told my brother. He nodded and passed out the food to everyone as dad play the next horror movie. Everyone would think the kids would have nightmares after this, but no we don't. We find it funny, and as a long standing joke Dad would check on us before bed, and we'd scare him before laughing, and saying good night to each other, the states and territories don't do it, but me, DC, CDC, NASA and the Military do. We might not do it tonight as it's Russia's first day like this. I took a bite out of my food and focused on the movie once more. Once everyone was done and the movie ended we went up to bed and crashed as it was a long day and we had a lot of fun messing with the others.