Chapter 18

Germany pov.

Throughout lunch I had noticed that Amerika was zoning out every once in a while.

"Dad, you're doin' it again." Tennessee, I think her name was, told her father.

"Thanks Nessee." Ame quickly replied and started eating again. It didn't take long for everyone to finish eating after that.

Mexico pov.

Once we had all finished eating lunch, I noticed that Ame was out of it.

"Hermano ¿que pasa, estás bien?" I asked him. (Brother, what's wrong, are you okay?)

"I'm fine Goldie just a bit tired." He replied.

"Do you want me to get Russia?" I asked.

"That would be great. I'll be on the couch trying to sleep." Ame replied softly, the tiredness seeping into his voice. He laid down on the couch facing the cushion, and one of his wings draping over him to form a blanket.

"Duerme bien hermano." I told his relaxed form softly. (Sleep well brother.) I walked over to where I last saw the Russian. Once I got to him, I tapped his shoulder to get his attention.

"Yes?" The Russian answered.

"Can you watch Ame for me, he seemed so out of it just now." I told him worriedly.

"That I can do, want me to take him to his room to sleep?" Russia asked.

"That would be great, I'll send Confederate with you in a bit." I told him, he nodded and walked inside where I told him Ame would be. I looked around for Confetti and walked over to him once I found him.

"What's up?" He asked me.

"I just sent Russia in with Ame, they should be heading to Ame's room so he could sleep, and I told him I'd send you in to help watch Ame, since you have seen him like this before." I tried to explain.

"That's alright, thank you for tellin' me." He replied, a hint of worry lacing his voice.

Confederate pov.

When Mexi told me that Union had decided to take a nap, and sent Russia in to watch over him, my concern for my brother rose. I walked inside and upto North's room and saw that Russia had a cloth on his head.

"Ah, Confederate I'm glad your here. As I was bringing Ame up, I noticed his temperature rising so I grabbed a bowl and cloth." The Russian explained.

"Yeah, that's about right for this part of the sickness. I'll have to talk to DC here in a little bit, take care of 'em for me." I told him, Russia nodded in turn and changed the cloth on Union's head. I walked out of the room and started lookin' for DC. Once I found her, I pulled her aside.

"What do you need Uncle Dixie?" She asked.

"How far along is our antidote for Union?" I asked her.

"It's not fully done, and it's still in testing, I wouldn't expect it to be done for another year or two." She responded defeatedly.

"Hey, don't get so down on yourself, we're doin' the best we can at the moment, don't give up." I told her, reassuring her that all will be alright. She looked up at me and nodded, I walked over to the kitchen to grab the medicine for Union's fever. Once I got it I ran back up to North's room and saw Russia watching the bathroom door again.

"He started throwing up after you left." Russia told me, his gaze never leaving the door. I walked over to the door, and opened it.

"Union, are you alright?" I asked my brother.

"Yeah, I don't like this Dix, it hurts." North replied.

"You're gonna be alright, trust me." I told him, he got up and walked over to me, stumbling once he got to the threshold of the bathroom. I caught him and led him to his bed.

"I'm sorry Ruski." Ame told the Russian next to me.

"You have nothing to be sorry for Ame, get some rest." Russia told Union. Once we got my stubborn brother to lay down again I grabbed the water and fever medicine I had brought up, and gave it to Union.

"Thanks South, you too Russia." Union told us.

"Hey now, that's 'nough outta you, get some rest." I warned my brother. "Watch 'em for me Russia, the medicine should kick in soon." I told the Russian.

"I will, shouldn't you check on the other countries soon?" Russia asked me.

"Yeah, I'll start pickin' up where North left off on his work, and tell Germany to not overwork as well, I'm also gonna take some 'sponsibilities from NATO so she can rest as well." I told him.

"That's a good idea, she's been following everyone for the sake of keeping peace, when everyone is more so worried about Ame and Britain fighting." Russia agreed.

"Alright I'll get outta y'all's hair, I'll come back when it's time for supper." I told them.

"Thank you Confederate." Russia replied.

"Russia, you can call me Dixie." I told the Russian.

"Ah, thank you Dixie." He told me thankfully, I nodded in turn and walked out to the main hall in search of NATO and Germany. I noticed one of the states runnin' in the halls.

"Hey Ohio why are you runnin' in the halls?" I asked the kid.

"Florida's alligator got loose in the hall, and she's got everyone on the lookout for it. Hell even Australia's looking for it." He explained.

"Alright, I'll help out." I told the kid. We looked around for the gator and pretty soon, Australia shouted in pride.

"We found 'em, he's a beaut' too." The Australian shouted.

"Thanks Aussie!" Flori thanked 'em. I led Ohio to the livin' room. Once we got there I saw most of the kids, and some countries sittin' on the couch. I saw NATO just 'bout ready to crash. I walked over to her.

"You alright NATO?" I asked her.

"I'm fine Uncle Dixie, I'm just a bit tired is all." She responded tiredly.

"Why don't you go on up to bed and take a nap, I'll wake you up when suppers ready." I told her.

"Thanks Uncle, but who will watch the others?" She asked.

"I will, now go take a break." I told her, she nodded and went up to her room.

"Dixie, ¿por qué enviaste a la OTAN a la cama?" Mexi asked. (Dixie, why did you send NATO to bed?)

"She was tired, and bein' stretched too thin. She needs a break." I explained myself.

"Thank you, Canada and I have been trying to get her to go to bed for a while now." She told me.

"Yeah, do you know where Germany is? I need to tell him something." I asked my sister.

"I don't know, I last saw him with Polonia, try asking him." She told me.

"Alright, thanks Goldie." I told her. "Also who's cookin' supper?" I asked.

"I think Francia said that she was going to handle dinner tonight." Mexi replied, I nodded and continued my search for our German friend.