Part 18

Silence

Silence. Silence is the empty sound that is flooding the room. As i stare as Auroras back filled with glass wounds that are for sure infected i am filled with shock. This is what she was hiding from us? Finally Dom breaks the silence. "WHAT THE FUCK?!?" He yells, his tone filled with anger. I look at Aurora to find her in a zoned out haze, it looks like she's not even with us.

I stoop down to where she is sitting on the couch and look into her eyes, taking her face in my hands. "Aurora, you need to tell us what happened. Right now." I say in a stern voice, making sure she knows that this is serious.

"Aurora you need to tell us what hhappened

"Aurora you need to tell us what hhappened. Right now." Gio says. No no i can't. It's three guys against me. They will know. They will hurt me again. "I-i can't." I say, my voice breaking as it is still raw from screaming. Suddenly a vase is thrown onto the wall, not far from where i'm sitting. It's Dom. I flinch and cower into the couch i am laying on.

"Please stop, please please please." I whisper, i need it to stop. I need all of it to stop. Suddenly a gentle hand is on shoulder. I look up through my tear filled eyes to see that it is Luke. He sits down next to me on the couch with a look of sympathy. God i'm done with the sympathy. Elijah walks closer to the couch with a cold face.

"Aurora, we know this is hard. But we want to help you and you need to tell us what's going on." He says in a serious and understanding voice. I stare at him as i say "They are gonna hurt me." I tell him in a quiet voice. A flash of concern is plastered on his face but quickly washed away. "Who's going to hurt you Aurora?" He asks. I shake my head, i can't answer that.

"Aurora what happened." Elijah asks. The room is so deathly silent you would think someone just died. It's so quiet i scan to room to make sure that there are still people in here. There are. I see all my brothers looking at me with an angry or sad look. They can't hurt you, your brothers will protect you. They can't hurt you. I clear my throat and say in barley above a whisper  "They raped me." Then i break down crying. My body is racking as i sob, falling into Luke's arms. That's when all hell breaks loose.

Dom roars as he slams something to the floor and punches holes in the wall. He bursts the door open and leaves. A tear rolls down Gios cheek as he sits on his desk and puts his head in his hands. "SHIT!" he yells as he pushes the books and papers off of his desk. Elijah has tears in his eyes as he comes down to my height and comforts me. "I- i was so scared." I say in between sobs, my face soaked from crying. Luke is crying too, i'm grateful for him. He is the only brother that i feel like i can always rely on for support.