Part 13

The police officers walk into my room and immediately intimidate me

The police officers walk into my room and immediately intimidate me. If looks could kill they would both be dead by Gio giving them the dirtiest glare. They pull up two chairs next to my bed and start talking. "Ok Aurora we will be asking you some questions about the signs of abuse according to the hospital and your living situation." She says while glancing at Gio. "This will be a private conversation, meaning your brother has to leave." She says while continuing to stare at him.

"Absolutely not. I will be staying with my sister." He says as they continue to argue. Voices rise and my ears start to ring. "St-stop." I say, not being aware of how loud I a talking as my ears ring loudly. "Stop!" I say louder, finally grabbing peoples attention. "Its fine, Gio you can wait outside. it's okay." I say in a defeated voice. He sighs and gives me a nod. "Ill be right outside if you need anything ok?" He says, waiting for an answer. "Ok" I say with a small smile, knowing he is there for me.

He walks out and the air immediately gets cold again. There is one female and one male officer. I gulp. "Ok Aurora we need you to answer these questions honestly, ok?" She says in a a strict tone. I just give her a small nod. She clicks her pen and opens her notepad. She starts to ask questions.

"Have your brothers hurt you?" She asks, the man just sitting there, watching me. "No they haven't." I answer truthfully. She writes stuff down on her notepad. She looks up and asks the next question. "Have you been hurt by someone?" She asks in a sober tone. All i can give her is a shakey nod. "We need verbal answers." The guys suddenly says. "Ye-yes I have been hurt by someone." I say and take a deep breath in. This doesn't feel right. What if he comes back for me? What if he hurts me for telling the police? What if h-he-

"Aurora? Are you ok?" The lady says all of a sudden. I nod, snapping out of my haze. "Ok are you ready to continue?" She asks while I just nod, unable to do anything else. I feel frozen in my bed. "Aurora, who hurt you?" She asks and suddenly the room feels tighter, so does my throat. The wind feels like it was knocked out of me. I start coughing and choking, not being able to breath. I start to panic and claw at my throat.

Gio rushes in the room and I continue to panic at the lack of breath I have. "Get out. Now!" He yells at them, but they dont move. "We have not finished the investigation." They say, their tone filled with ignorance. "My sister is having a fucking panic attack right now. GET THE FUCK OUT!" Gio screams at them. They quickly get up and the lady exits the room. The man looks back one more time and winks at me. Im panicking too much to focus on that though. "Hes gonna find me. Hes gonna get me. Hes gonna- hes gonn-" I try to say, my breath short. "Aurora calm down, its ok, he wont get you we will make sure of that. I promise he will not get you." Gio says in a calm soothing voice.

How is he so calm right now? I want to ask but refrain from it. Luke rushes in the door and hurries towards me. He gives me a big hug and falls on my bed and I snuggle into his arms. "Are you ok Rora?" He asks me in a genuine voice. "No." I say as tears continue to stream down my face. "How about this, when we get home we will watch whatever movie you want and we can eat shitty junk food until we fall asleep. How does that sound?" He asks with a smile on his face. That makes me smile too. "That sounds perfect."