Part 4

I wake up to the smell of bacon and i instantly get out of bed

I wake up to the smell of bacon and i instantly get out of bed. I'm still not used to all of this food, scared it will get taken away at any minute. I get out of bed and put on a sweatshirt and pajama pants. As i'm walking down the stairs, i'm suddenly remembering the events of last night the pharmacy, birth control, Gios email, but then i feel relaxed knowing it's gone and deleted. All of the brothers are downstairs eating and i realize it's about 10am, damn i slept in. I get downstairs and Elijah says "Goodmorning Aurora." And everyone says the same. Gio says nothing, which makes me start to overthink. We all start eating and Elijah is glancing at me occasionally, and i give him a confused look. As if he sees me, Gio starts a conversation, "So Aurora what did you do last night." He asks with a blank tone. "Uh nothing much just watched TV in my room." I answer telling some of the truth. "Weird. I got a call from the family pharmacy saying that you called them to get more birth control?" He says angrily. My face gets hot and everyone turns to look at me with angry eyes. Dom shoots up from his seat "What the fuck?? Why the fuck would you need birth control your 15 your not fucking anyone!" Dom yells "Birth control is for hookers and sluts who can't keep it in their pants." He adds. I feel tears in my eyes but refuse to let them fall out of spite. How dare he call me a slut when he doesn't even know what's going on in my life. "Don't fucking call me a slut when you don't know anything about me or my past because you weren't in it. None of you know me and for your information- like it's any of your business, birth control is for my period cramps if you idiots ever looked up anything on the internet." I say angrily. Their faces turn to shock and some sympathy. Obviously i'm lying about the cramps but they don't need to know that. "I will take you to the pharmacy in a couple hours." Gio says firmly. Dom is about to argue but Gio puts his hand up as if he's saying try me bitch and Dom backs down.

I head up to my room still in shock of what happened and how quick they all were to assume that i'm a slut when that's all i've been called my whole life
"I'll show you what sluts get."
"your my slut."
"no one believes sluts."
But they cannot know about my past. I decide to go downstairs the the movie room because i still have a little bit before i go to the pharmacy. I open the door and find Dom and a guy i don't recognize watching the conjuring 3 a fucking fantastic movie i walk in and Dom pauses it. "No." he says sternly. I give him a bitch what look. "Your too young for horror movies". he says with a grin while his friend watches, amused. He seems to have caught onto me staring at him and says "I'm Mario, Doms friend, its good to have you back Aurora." good to have you back? Dom must see my confused expression because he says "Mario became my friend a little before you went missing, we all would hang out all the time together." He says with a small smile. I sit down next to Dom and steal the blanket from him, we continue this fight until he pushes me a little too hard and i fall over, right on my ribs- and i scream. "FUCK" I yell loudly. They rush over to me and i realize what i just did. "Holy shit are you ok?" Mario asks. "What the fuck was that?" Dom scolds. "N-nothing i'm fine, i just landed on my hip weirdly." I say trying to convince them. They look at me unconvinced but don't push it any further. I go upstairs and Gio is waiting for me by the door. We head out and he said the car ride is about 20 minutes. I decide to make the most out of this time and take a nap.

"where did my mommy go?" 8 year old me asks as my step dad john returns home alone.
"She's gone baby, now it's just you and me, she was ruining all my fun plans for us." he says with a sickening grin on his face. "w-what plans?" i ask as he towers over my small 8 year old self. My hair is braided from my mom that morning. She always would braid my hair and sing to me. We had a peaceful bond that made me no matter what feel safe. Now i feel nothing but fear. "I'll show you baby girl." He reaches for his belt buck-

I wake up, gasping and i look around, looking for john or any source of danger. "Aurora, calm down it was just a dream." Gio says in a comforting voice which surprisingly puts me at ease a little bit. But that panic rises again when we reach the clinic. Gio and i get out of the car and walk towards the huge building. We step into the waiting room with women a lot older then me, some giving me dirty looks and some giving me blank stares and some giving me looks of sympathy. After about 15 minutes of waiting a nurse calls my name and me and Gio go to the desk where she is standing by. "Hello Aurora my name is Nurse Kacy and we see your here for birth control correct?" She asks in a sweet chipper tone. "Yes" i say quietly. "Ok and it says here that since it's been so long since you have been at this pharmacy, we cannot prescribe the pill without doing a pelvic exam first, is that ok?" She asks. A pelvic exam?? "uh- yeah i mean i guess that's fine." I say nervously, looking at Gio for support." He give me a sympathetic smile and goes to sit in the waiting room while i follow the nurse.

We arrive in this very modern white room that screams boring. it's a doctors office i guess. There's a chair with stirrups and a wheel cart with different tools on it. She starts putting of her gloves when she says "You can take your shorts and underwear off and sit in the chair with your feet in the stirrups please." I gulp, scared of what she might find. She can't find anything john has done to me just with a little look right? right??? i fidget with my hands, nervously. "Ok your going to feel a cold pressure." This is the most uncomfortable i have ever felt, i feel violated even though it was voluntary. i just want to go home. She takes a swab and finishes up, and before she leaves i need to ask her what that was for "Wait what are those results doing? they were just for you guys right" I ask, feeling nervous about the answer. "No sweetie, we will call your guardian with the results in 2-3 days." she says softly. oh shit i'm screwed.

I walk out and meet Gio in the waiting room. We both get in the car and he turns on some music. didn't know he was a katy perry kind of guy "Luke left his fucking playlist on here, idiot." he scoffs. "Are you hungry? It's about lunch time." He asks. "Uh not really." i answer truthfully. "You barley ate anything for breakfast or dinner last night. And don't think we haven't noticed that you are underweight, we're stopping at mcdonald's, what do you want?" He says in a orderly tone. Knowing there's no way out of this i just answer with a 10 piece nugget, fries and a coke. He orders our food and we eat in the car in the parking lot. "Oh, i almost forgot, here." He reaches into the glove box and pulls out a- iphone 12?! HOLY SHIT he hands it to me. "is this for me?" I ask in shock, never in my life have i received something so expensive. He nods with an amused look on his face. "Holy shit thank you so much." i say. "Language" Gio scolds. "Also, as you know you are starting school tomorrow, you will attend with Dom, Nick, and Toni." Shit i forgot about school, at least i'll have something to do other then sit in the backyard by the koi pond all day. I'm getting pretty bored. We head back to the house around 4pm and everyone seems to be home. I head up to my room and lay in my bed, not getting over how comfy it is. I am nervous for school tomorrow especially going with the hotheads i live with but also because i'm starting halfway through the year and i'll be the new girl which is scary. But i'm not scared of fighting someone. I got into fights all the time at my old school because people couldn't keep their damn mouths shut.

I go into the closet, specifically where i hide my guns and drugs and grab my joint. I sit on the balcony in my room and let my mind go blank as i smoke away the thoughts. i miss the racetrack I think to myself, racing was a thrill like no other. The adrenaline rush when your head to head with someone, one wrong move and you'll crash is so exciting and scary at the same time. I get up after a good 15 minutes and put my stuff away and put on the show "new girl". it's about 10 minutes until Luke walks in my room. "Hey lil sis." He says with a smile on his face. I smile and say hi as he jumps on my bed, soon followed by Toni and Nick coming in my room and also laying on the bed, smushing me into the middle. Then Elijah and Dom come in, wondering where everyone went. They sit on the floor or across the bed. Apparently, Gio is doing "Business" according to Elijah but it's definitely some crazy mafia shit. "Ok Aurora has to go to bed it's a school night, also you guys leave at 8 tomorrow." They all say their good nights and I cuddle up in bed and go to sleep, awaiting what my first day of school will bring.

Hi guys!! I hope you like this story so far. I'm trying my hardest to keep up with making new chapters. Go follow my tiktok bookishgalz !!! please vote and comment!!
Word count 1808