𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅

☽︎𖣔☾︎

𝑆𝐼𝑇𝑇𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝑁𝐸𝑋𝑇 𝑇𝑂 Joffrey was humiliating for her. Jadeyn Lannister wasn't the one to be near people like Joffrey, she, herself would've sat next to the Queen and her brother by law, even higher if she could, but she didn't. She was stuck next to the heir's complains.

On the other side, Myrcella and Tommen smiled at her the moment she looked there and also met the eyes of Barristan Selmy, who was guarding the royal family along with Joffrey's sworn shield. She was sitting between the two- Joff and Sandor Clegane, and their auras were so different and so disturbing for the Lannister.

People were chatting, the tourney not beginning yet, much to Robert's displeasure. Her gaze did not move from the shades of red and gold of her gown. She only felt Joffrey's head moving in the direction of his betrothed.

After all the patience the King had disappeared, he rose, voicing his annoyance "I've been sitting here for days. Start the damn joust before I piss myself!" Cersei rolled her eyes at her husband's act and was quick to take her leave

The King ordered and the people obeyed. Two men rode forth, bowing before Robert. The first, and the first to steal the eyes: The Mountain, Gregor Clegane, her father's bannerman and the monstruos brother of the man that was in this very moment standing near her and her nephew; the second: Ser Hugh of the Vale, the late Hand's squire, not so interesting and steady as his opponent.

"Yes, yes! Enough with the bloody pomp. Have at it!" Jadeyn had seen and heard what the Mountain was capable of-one of the proofs was standing right beside her: Sandor Clegane and his awfully burned face.

She had no exclusive thought of Gregor. He was big and violent and if she was also being given the chance, she won't hesitate before pressing Jaime or the Imp's face to the fire, or even Cersei's. What a pleasing image she had in her mind. Her watching her sister's face melt under the burning logs. As Tywin Lannister was already roasting on the fire, of course.
She purses her lips to stop a smirk from forming.

For one single second, Sandor gave a glance to the Lannister Lady. She did not flinch or scream like the Stark girl when his brother's lance had broken into Hugh's throat, sending him to the ground in a pile of blood.

Two squires dragged Ser Hugh's lifeless body, making space for the next joust. Ned Stark finally decided to join this killing space for the Mountain, as Jadeyn will call it from now on. Ser Gregor gave the same curt bow before Robert, while his opponent, shining Loras Tyrell made his entrance by giving Sansa Stark a red rose.

"100 Gold Dragons on the Mountain" The Master of Coin, Petyr Baelish announced

"I'll take that bet" Renly, the King's brother decided, sure of Loras' performance against the Mountain.

She had heard rumours of Renly and Loras, too. Someone on his right mind, at the sight of Ser Gregor, would not even consider the bet, then it was possible for Loras to do something clever to get the win, a trick, something so little to imporance as not many payed attention to the fact that his mare was in heat, and Renly knew, of course.

So, for the first time and maybe the last, the Mountain hit the ground, along with the stallion, who was bothered by the mare. As people cheered for the Knight of Flowers, Ser Gregor did not spend any more time down, and rose, taking everyone's attention again by beheading the horse with his great sword.

He approached Loras with angry steps and got him in a mere second down of the cursed mare that made him lose. The fragility of his ego was hilarious, a thing Jadeyn would almost smile at.

"Leave him be!" Sandor Clegane ran towards them, stopping his brother from doing any trouble with house Tyrell. When he moved from his guarding position, it was only a glimpse of time, in which his armored elbow touched her shoulder. A small nudge, to which the Hound didn't gave attention do, but Jade did. If it was anyone else daring, or even by mistake touched her, she would have their head.

Yet, this was different. She didn't know why, or how, however now, she was more preoccupied with watching The Mountain and The Hound's swords clash. When Joffrey rose to see his dog better, she stopped looking at them, not because her nephew got in her way, because Jade remined herself that she did not care if one of them died, or both of them. Death was death and if needs to be it will. She accepted that long ago. Blood and the sound of falling dead on the ground was nothing new to Jadeyn Lannister.

☽︎𖣔☾︎