14 || Moon||

If you really were my beloved, then compose a Song of Songs for me, and engrave my name on the trunk of a pomegranate tree in the gardens of Babylon.

-Darwish

°▪︎°▪︎°

Kashi's pov~

" Stop looking at me like this ", I managed to utter and forced my lashes shut due to the close proximity and our breaths which had already become one.

" Like what? " I heard him whispering in my left ear with a voice so faint that it made my heart almost skip a beat and I didn't even realise what I said till the words were already out of my mouth.

" Like I'm the only person you adore. "
After those words left my mouth, there was silence which he maintained.. although I couldn't be more glad of his will to maintain this silence. But in only few minutes, my brows thinned when I felt his warmth separating away from me.. like it was never there.

And that's when I realised.. what his warmth held was magic, however.. I still failed miserably in finding out whether this magic would turn out to be in my favour, or I would be the one to accept the punishment of commiting the sin of trusting this magic.

Slowly yet steadily, I opened my eyes to look at him when I heard his faded chuckle.
And the first thing which my eyes noticed after I opened them was his flawless face, which was currently looking like the perfect defination of serenity, however it managed to take down the last piece of my mind's rationality.

A smile so tranquil appeared on my face when I saw him lifting his eyes to look at the night sky and the embers of his eyes illuminated when the moon peeked into them. He gazed at the moon.. so passionately yet beautifully.. like- like, this shining object is the only companion he had till now.

And probably, this was the first time I realised that he was beautiful, not in a way you would call ordinary-

My thoughts haulted on their tracks when a knock came on the main door of the chamber. And the serenity vanished from his face like it was never there.. like- like, it was just my mind playing tricks with me, that he could be the harbinger of peace and tranquility.

He didn't waste any second and without giving me a second glance, he stalked towards the door to unlatch it. Leaving me there, in the never ending turmoil of thoughts with the last pieces of rationality which was left in me.

I kept standing in the balcony as I didn't have any wish to meet anybody, but decided to come inside the chamber in no time when I heard a familiar voice.

When I came inside, I was welcomed by Shehzade Amir who was already standing there in his night black kurta, with uncombed hair, and it seems like they both didn't notice my presence and even if they did, they didn't show it.. as a normal conversation began between the two brothers.

" I thought you would be busy in personal affairs, but you opened the door. "

He said nonchalantly and gave me a side eye look. As if he was talking about me, while looking at his brother.

" Appareantly, I'm very much free. Why are you here? " Sufian's voice clearlly showed that he was pissed off, if Amir noticed it, he didn't show it.. as he turned towards me and I nodded when he dipped his head to greet me..

Then he turned towards his brother and started explaining the reason of making his presence here at this hour.

" I'm afraid that there is an unpleasant news which needs your attention immediately, bhai jaan. "