10 ||Portrait||

उड़ने दे इन परिंदों को
आज़ाद फिजां में 'गालिब'
जो तेरे अपने होंगे वो लौट आएँगे..

Let these birds fly
in a free air 'Ghalib'
Those who will be your own will return..

-Mirza Ghalib

🍁

Sufian's pov~

" What is it, Amir? "

I said before sitting down on the classic divan of my room.

And offered him to sit on the couch opposite to me, which he did.

I noticed that he was silent since few minutes and the reason behind his silence was still unknown to me, but somehow.. his silence was killing me.

When he had entered the room, his face expressions justified many emotions but now his face had only the emotion of blankness.

I inched forward and placed my lips on the pipe of hookah before speaking.

" If you are going to stay silen- "

" Bhai jaan, hume aisa lagta hain ki woh wapis aa gaya hain. "

(Brother, I think he's back. )

When the words left his mouth, I looked at him like he's the most amusing thing present in my room.. and soon a wave of shock hit me hard, as a shiver ran down my spine.

No, he can't be back. He was killed. Wait, I shouldn't be assuming things. I should confirm first, then I'll celebrate my grief of his return.

" Who is back, Amir? "

I asked in almost an inaudible voice and I don't know how his ears managed to caught my words.

His eyes found their way and looked directlly in mine when he opened his mouth to speak.

" The legitimate son of Khalid Al Rahman, and the licit owner of the throne..is back. "

He stated calmly while looking at me and I gazed at him with same emotions before closing my eyes and opening my mouth to speak.

" How do you know he is back? "

I asked him as my eyes remained shut.

" Today, in the palace itself.. I bumped into a masked guy who was struggling in putting his gloves on.. that's when I saw the eagle birthmark on his wrist which was same as him. He ran away even before I could properly register the situation in my mind.."

When he finished his little story, a sigh escaped my lips and I started thinking about him.. about Khalid Al Rahman.. my dead father.

🍁

Kashi's Pov~

The portrait was caged inside the sleak rectangular golden frame, which was too shiny and glossy for my eyes' normal range.