4 ||Dagger ||

Kashi's pov~

I'm getting married to a man who isn't aware of the value, which the sacred vermilion holds.
Who doesn't know the worth of the auspicious thread with black beads which he's going to tie around my neck.

For him, maybe the vermilion holds no such prestige as it holds for me. Probably to him, its just crimson dust. However, to me, its a dream that cannot be fulfilled with the person I have dreamed it.

I was told to dream of and think of only one person since my childhood. And I wouldn't complain about it, because I cherished each and every moment of loving him, of loving my Aviraj. Though all I ever wished for was a human, down to earth, close to the sky and deep to humanity.

" I declare you both husband and wife. Now you guys can take the blessings of elders ", The pandit mentioned those two words, 'husband and wife ' and a shiver ran down my spine.

For him, this wedding will be nothing more than a political alliance, an alliance he gained by deception.

A tear slipped down my cheek and I looked around through the veil. We were sitting in the mandap and wedding was done. We were married, he is my husband. The realisation hit me hard.

I remember our conversation from the day he lectured me about some stupid responsibilities of a woman. Its been one week to that conversation and we are already married. He never tried to reach for me since that day and I was happy about it.

Breaking the chain of thoughts, I got up when I saw him standing beside me.

" Get ready for the journey Tahir. We are leaving for Lahore in one hour ", his thundering voice ordered and he started walking away from me.

I looked at his fading figure through my veil and just like that, he was out of sight. I had never imagined my wedding like this but he ruined everything.

The pain you gave me, I will return it to you with interest Badshah.

" Kashi- "
" Kashi!! "
A voice came from the left side of mine and I looked there to see my bestie.

" Yes Charvi? "
I immediately replied back upon seeing her nervous face.

She left a sigh in relief and held my hand tightly before saying.

" Your Bhai sa has asked me to meet him in his chamber Kashi. But you need not to worry, as I am coming with you to Qadirabad. " She said in a hushed voice as if she didn't want anyone else to hear that Bhai sa called her in his chamber.

" Okay, Charvi. ", I simply said as I didn't have any energy left in me to tease her.

Yes, she'll be coming with me to that satan's den. I had argued with Arjun and had almost convinced him to not send her with me but he wanted me to have someone known there so that I wouldn't feel alone.

I started walking towards the royal chambers to meet my mother as she was ill since the day Sultan showed up here. She was not in the condition to get up on her own and I wanted to meet her before leaving for Qadirabad.

I walked down the royal corridor, trying to capture everything in my eyes of the place where I spend my entire childhood. I noticed things that I had never noticed before.

I was pretty sure that these walls would miss me, haha.

My chamber is on the other side of the royal area but maa saheb's chamber lies after my brother's chamber. I walked towards her chamber but stopped right in front of Arjun's chamber because of some muffled shouts.

It didn't take me long to recognize the owner of this voice, It was my brother.

I silently walked towards his door where the royal guards were standing. Before I could come any closer, a guard stopped me.