Chapter 13: Reminisce

While all that was happening with Vi and Havoc, Jinx made her way over to something from her childhood. She stepped over the glass window into the old arcade area, which no one has gotten in before. Jinx looked around the place seeing nothing out of place, but before she could move she stepped on something. It was the thing that started the punching machine. She crouched down and picked it up, dusting off the plate before she got a few flashbacks from before the enforcers charged in here.

She stood back up and looked at the machine, before looking at the score board. Heh, Havoc's score is still there out beating everyone else, mainly Vi. Suddenly, a she heard a caw. She instantly pulled out her gun and aimed it at the crow, who cawed back at her. Jinx tilted her head before she smirked a bit and shot the bird, the gun smoking from being shot. She blowed off the smoke and walked up to the machine. She thought back to how Vi always tried to pass Havoc's score, but no one could ever get near him in scores. She thought back to him in the pass, how he used his strength and magic to beat his way through the machine.

She looked at it before placing the plate back onto the machine in its place before she went to fix some other stuff. She worked on the stuff around the machine, before she pulled a lever that made it more brighter than before. She then stood still with her head down, lost in her mind for a moment. Suddenly, she grew angry... thinking about that day, that night.... she and Havoc only have each other, but it will last. Unfortunately, she was so lost in her mind she didn't notice what was happening around her. Blue sparks were spiking everywhere around her, getting more and more out of control as she looked down with her eyes closed. But then, she looked back up with an angry look on her face, eyes glowing a bright blue as she landed the first punch. She let out all her anger onto the machine, the leaderboard with her name moving up really quickly. She repeatedly punched the plate on it as the sparks started acting like mini bombs around her.

She suddenly screamed at the machine, tears and sweat streaming down her face in her anger, before landing the final punch on the machine. She breathed heavily as she backed up on from it. She looked at the scoreboard, but she was shocked. She was behind Havoc in second place, pretty close to his score. But it didn't make sense, Havoc only got that far because of his powers.

That's when she took notice of how beat up the machine was, it was burned and battered to the bone. She looked down at her hands, her breathing slowly calming down as she saw what looked like mini sparks coming from her. The sparks were dancing around in her hands, but not hurting her. She looked back up before she whispered a name. "Havoc...", she whispered as she ran out from the place, her eyes still glowing blue.

She didn't understand what was happening, but there was one place to go to to find out.

***

"You knew who the next king is?"

After what happened, Vi walked off to get a better look at The Last Drop and how it changed. Caitlyn was questioning her, about Havoc, but Vi didn't care enough to answer. She walked close to the edge of a building where she could see bodyguards guarding the place, like a shady club. Caitlyn stopped her questioning as she looked at the place. "Well, that place does look like it has bodies buried in the basement," she commented, but Vi took offense to that. "You don't know anything." Was all Vi said as she shoved past Caitlyn, who began questioning Vi about Havoc. "How did you know he was gonna be the next king?" Sighing harshly, Vi looked back at Caitlyn before answering. "Because he was my sister's best friend, he was like a little brother to me. But I helped set things in motion for him to be this way." Was what Vi said, but she pulled her hood up and kept walking.

Caitlyn could work with this, but she needed more information about this.

***

Havoc stood in front of the place he hasn't been in for a long time. The castle of the former royals. It's been so long since he's last seen this place. He sighed, looking at all the overgrown plants that continue to grow, the broken structure, everything. He walked up to the entrance, slowly making his way inside. The place seemed to look a bit different than before. "Never thought I'd be back here, but here we are." He walked up the stairs and walked towards the throne room. "I don't know what you saw, but I'm gonna find out," he said to himself before he opened the doors and walked inside the throne room, which looked different than before. He looked at the thrones and realized something. "The crowns... they have jewels. But they didn't before." He questioned how this was possible, he remembered there were no jewels on the crowns. He walked closer to the thrones and looked at the crowns. The crown for the king started glowing when he got closer. He moved his hand closer to touch the crown, but when he did, he was hit with flashes in his mind. He got on his knees and saw things from the past that weren't his own memories. He was breathing heavily, his electricity sparking out of control as he kept hearing things from the flashes.