Chapter 9: The Night of Change

Wyatt didn't know how to process anything. He was lost in his mind, questions and thoughts running a marathon all in brain. He was so lost, that he had no idea of what Powder was doing. She was wailing in her tears, feeling so abandoned and overwhelmed towards Vi and what happened. She was hurt, even pulling the monkey head off of her contraption, but she was now both screaming and crying, throwing the monkey bomb that hit a piece of the wall.

The sound of the monkey bomb hitting the ground was what snapped Wyatt out of his mind and he saw Powder in this state of despair, she was covering her face with her hands, hitting her head at the same time. Wyatt was about to consult her, only to hear a scream he never wanted to hear. But what also shocked him, was as she screamed, there was this blue aura that was sparking out of control, but it faded away as she once again put her hands towards her face.

Wyatt quickly went towards Powder right as she picked up her suitcase to throw towards the ground, her face covered in tears and snot. "Hey, hey, look at me Pow! Ok, I'm right here," he took a clean piece of cloth he had to help wipe her face, Powders eyes never leaving his face. The exhaustion from crying and screaming got to her, since she dropped to the ground, her suitcase followed behind her as Wyatt crouched down and pulled her into a hug. Powder was holding onto Wyatt, afraid that he might leave her too or thought about how she jinxed everything. She turned her head, and that's when she saw it.

The crystals.

She still had them, and remembered how they exploded the building they were in previously. She pulled out of the hug, confusing Wyatt, but he understood when she pointed out the crystals.

"We could help them,"

(I.... am not ready, but I just wanted to point out that through the series, I will be doing parts where I can make new stuff happen, or ones that are important towards the plot, or ones that I really liked)

We turn our attention to the old cannery, Vi and the others along the rooftop hoping to leave without too many problems. They headed to a broken window to find no one inside. "Let's get Vander and get out," Vi said as she went to a open window. She and the others landed on a walkway, and were now making their way towards where Vander was, while making sure they couldn't be spotted. Vander spit out blood that was likely from that punch he received earlier as he looked in front of him. "Vi," was all he said before Vi came to give him a hug. "What are you doing here?" "We're breaking you out." Vi said as she had Mylo pick the locks on Vander's cuffs. "How did you get in? There's guards everywhere." Vander asked as Vi gave him a answer. "It was easy. We found an open window and..." the realization dawned upon her as she looked around. "Oh, god. You have to get out. Now."

But it was to late.

"Welcome," a voice said as the same person slowly clapped as they made their way into their view. It was Silco. "You have my congratulations. But I'm afraid this will be a very short reunion." Right as he said that, many of his goons walked along the line. "Have you heard the rumor? Vander the coward fled town with his children, two of them being the new king and queen. But they were never seen again." Soon as he finished talking, one the guys started to walk up to them. Claggor tried to pry the cuff on Vander's wrist, but it ended up breaking the blade, only Vi was now wearing Vander's gauntlets. "Claggor, see if you can find another way out of here." "Okay," Claggor replied. "You don't have to do this," Vander said, but Vi shot back, "Yes, I do."

Outside, Powder and Wyatt walked out of a tunnel, to see the cannery with some light inside, indicating someone was there. The two took a breath, before continuing on. Inside, Vi walked up to the same guy as he looked at her, Vi holding a fighting position towards him. Powder saw this as she looked through a crack in the building. "We're almost there," Wyatt whispered as he looked down towards Powder, and the two continued their way up.